Chapter 7- Another Avenger?

- - -

Zoey's POV

It's been three days, and for the first time, in a long time, I'm happy.

Despite the circumstances.

You know; a war, my mother, my father; my entire life.

But I've gotten to know the Avengers, the people that are here to save the world.

Natasha is really awesome once you get to know her, Bruce is always making me laugh and Steve is so sweet.

Really sweet.

Always holding doors open for people, using polite manners, carrying things for people, pushing in their chairs. 

I've never met anybody as polite as him.

So, I'm now best friends with the Hulk, a super spy and a very kind man.

Actually, now that I think about it. I don't know why Steve's here.

I just assumed he was a bit of 'bulk' on the team.

I'll have to ask him later.

"Zoey!" I can hear Natasha shout out my name in my earpiece.

"Yes, Natasha?" I ask sweetly through my speaker, after cringing at the volume of her voice.

"We all have a surprise for you! Come to the control room!" She says.

I roll my eyes and make my way towards the control room.

I push open the door and make my way inside.

"Welcome, Agent." Fury says.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him, completely confused.

"Well, Miss Redbird," He begins, "We took some tests when you first came here. Those results have come back."

"I still don't get it." I sass, making Steve chuckle.

I look at him and he winks at me, making me turn away so he can't see me blush.

"Do you remember when you told me about what you did to your step-father?" Fury asks, my body absent-mindedly tensing at the mention of the man.

"Yes?" I set my teeth.

He shouldn't be talking about this. And if he ever has to, he should do it in private.

"Well, we have come to the conclusion, from your story and our test results, that you may have inherited some 'special abilities' from your father." He explains.

"Where exactly are you going with this?" I ask slowly, narrowing my eyes.

"You have super powers."

I look at him for a moment, but see no trace of humour or lies in his expession.

I shut my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Excuse me." I say politely, turning and leaving the room.

- - -

Natasha's POV

We watch as se runs out of the room, obviously upset.

Steve starts to go after her, but I stop him.

"No." I say, not letting him pass. He gives me a pained expression.

"She's upset." I say, as he continues to try and get past me, "Probably because of her father."

This finally stops him, his gaze resting on me.

"Why would she be upset about her father?" He asks.