Chapter 17- You Aren't Loved

HERE WE ARE AGAIN, THE SECOND (third) OF THE WAR. I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY HOW IVE WRITTEN THE OC PLOT LINES INTO THESE SCENES :)

OK HERE YOU GO xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Steve's POV

Watching her fly away, after she said something like that.

I don't know what's into her.

She seemed mad as she flew off, really mad.

But why would she say that about her step-father?

"Rogers!" Fury's voice calls through the earpiece.

"Yes sir?" I report.

"Where is Redbird? She pulled out her earpiece." He asks and I sigh.

"We got a grenade thrown at us by some middle aged man, then she flew off. She said something about her step-father." I explain.

I hear Fury groan.

"You can't stop her, that man was her step-father." He says.

"He killed her mother."

My eyes widen at the news, but some Chitauri notice me and I have to start fighting them again.

"What is he doing here?" I ask breathlessly, tired from all the fighting.

"He's joined Loki's army."

"I should go help her!" I yell, throwing my shield at a couple of Chitauri.

"No!" Fury protests, "This is her fight! Let her do it alone!"

I groan and pick up my shield.

"Alright." I sigh.

"Captain, there's a bank on fourth," Clint's voice says through the earpiece. "They cornered a lot of civilians in there."

"I'm on it."

Zoey's POV

I fly after Stu's hovercraft.

Closer

Closer

I use my force field to make the craft crash into an invisible wall.

Stu goes flying off the hovercraft and I swoop down to catch him.

I carry him by his foot, flying over the burning of Manhattan.

I end up on the balcony of Stark Tower, dropping him roughly on the ground.

I watch him hit a wall as I land gracefully, crossing my arms.

"Stu." I greet him blankly.

He stumbles forward, looking up at me. His creepy smile sends shivers of bad memories down my mind.

"Zoey." He raises an eyebrow, "Or should I be calling you Redbird?"

"Neither." I say sourly, "I don't think you ever had the right to call me anything. You never had the right to be in my life.

"Oh, I beg to differ." He says smartly, "Your mother married me."

"Not the best choice she ever made." I mutter.

"No, the worst choice she ever made was conceiving you."

I snap my head up and lunge at him, kicking him straight in the chest.

He flies backwards and hits the wall again.

I run towards him, fist raised, but his words stop me in my tracks.

"You aren't loved."

I freeze, looking at him in pain.

"What did you just say?"

"You. Aren't. Loved." He gets up, "You think all those freaks care about you." He spits.

"You thought your slutty mother cared about you. You thought your no-good dead father cared about you."

I fall to the ground at his words.

"Stop!" I cry, "Please." I whisper.

"You think that Captain loves you. You think that once this is over you two can finally talk about your feelings." He taunts, dancing around me.

I shakily stand up, that familiar feeling of rage boiling up inside me.

The same in at Loki's cell the other day.

I feel like I'm about to burst, so I fling out my arms an let go.

"AHHHHHHH!!" A blood-curdling scream comes from my mouth.

I shut my eyes as I fall in a sweaty heap on the ground. My leg feels funny as I open my eyes.

I look to see Stu smashed trough the window into Stark Towers, unconscious.

I grit my teeth and stand up, stopping myself from yelping in pain.

I can't put any weight on my left foot.

I take off gently and hover over to Stu, crouching down next to his ear.

"I don't care if people don't love me." I snarl into his ear.

"Because I will never be able to stop loving them."

I get up and fly out of the window, over the battleground that is Manhattan.

I feel weak now, but I know I must continue, I have to save this city.

I have to save everyone.

I spot someone falling from a building and fly to catch them.

But I'm too late.

Steve crashes on top of a taxi and I call him name in worry.

"Steve?" I call frantically, "Steve!!"

I know this is going past my rules of avoiding him, but I don't want him to die.

I don't want him to die.

Slowly, he raises his head, looking me straight in the eye.

"Zoey." He says softly, making my heart melt then as there.

"Steve." I murmur, touching my hand to his cheek, where blood is splattered.

I hope not his own.

I gently wipe it off, smiling slightly.

Despite all the chaos, the fact that we should be fighting.

This moment is perfect.

And I want to stay in it forever.

No one's POV

Zoey stands in front of Steve, helping him as he slowly gets off the taxi.

Tony zooms above them, smiling at their little scene, before focusing his attention back on the giant monster Chitauri.

"JARVIS?" He says robotically, "Ever heard of the tale of Jonah?"

"I wouldn't consider him a role model sir." The computer butler replies hesitantly.

Tiny ignores his comment, flying straight into the beast's mouth.

He appears seconds later, bursting through the rear end, killing the beast from the inside.

He continues to kill Chitauri as he flies through the sky.

Thor and The Hulk are on top of another giant monster, killing any enemies residing on it.

Thor throws his hammer as Hulk starts pulling out parts of the monster.

The giant starts to go down, crash landing in a large library.

They stumble out of the wreckage, catching their breaths.

Hulk smirks, before punching Thor in a friendly matter, sending him flying across the room.

Clint shoots the enemy on hovercrafts, assisting Tony on where to go.

"You got a lot tailing you Stark." He warns.

"Just trying to keep them off the streets." Tony pants, obviously tired.

"Give me a tight corner." He orders.

"I WILL roger that." The Iron Man replies, leading the squad through a tunnel.

He flies out just as Clint sends an explosive arrow inside, terminating the dozens of Chitauri following Tony.

Natasha shoots the Chitauri closing in on her. She steals one of the sceptres, using it and her combat skills to take them all down.

"Director Fury." Maria reports aboard the hellicarrier.

"The board is on the line."

Fury turns away from his screens, showing the Avengers fighting, and sighs.

He nods, before going towards the conference call.

"Director Fury, the board has made a decision." One of the women says.

"I acknowledge that, but seeing as it's a stupid ass decision I've elected to ignore it." He replies pointedly.

"Director, your closer than any of our subs. You send that our we can end this." A man bargains.

"That is the island of Manhattan counsellor," he replies bitterly, "until I'm sure my team can't handle it I will NOT order a nuclear strike against a civilian population."

"You don't do this, we could lose everything," Another man protests.

"I send that bird out, then we already have." Fury says quietly, ending the conference call.

Zoey's POV

I helped Steve up gingerly, before dropping my hands from any contact with him.

What was that?

I lower my head, before flying off.

"Zoey wait!" Steve protests, grabbing my hand and pulling me down.

I land on my left leg, yelping in pain. Steve looks down at it in worry.

"You're hurt." He states.

"No, I'm fine, really." I pant.

"You're hurt." He repeats, his go on my arm tightening.

"Steve," I say quietly, "you're hurting me."

"Who did this to you?" He asks darkly, "Was it your step-father?"

"It doesn't matter. I don't matter." I say, yanking my hand from his grasp.

His head snaps up at me, looking at me horrified.

I just fly off, wiping my eyes as I go.

"Zoey, I need help with this big guy." Tony says.

"On my way." I say, taking a deep breath.

I fly over to the monster Chitauri chasing Tony, flying behind it.

I land on top of it, using a force field to protect myself from the soldiers on it with me.

I send another force downwards, denting and breaking a part of the shell loose.

I yank it upwards, revealing wires underneath.

I start pulling out everything, hearing the beat roar in pain.

It starts to go down, so I fly upwards.

It lands heavily on top of a building, flipping over onto its back.

I fly with Tony, killing Chitauri around us.

"Nice moment you had with Rogers over there?" He asks.

"Oh shut up." I roll my eyes, "It's over anyway."

"He really likes you Zoey." He prompts, before flying off.

I shake my head and roll my eyes, fighting any aliens around me.

Tony doesn't know what he's talking about.

He doesn't know what Steve's feeling.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

GUYS I'M SORRY.

BUT THIS CHAPTER WAS TOO LONG SO I'M SPLITTING INTO TWO PARTS!!

YAYY!! (I GUESS)

OK HOPE YOU ENJOYED THAT :)

SE YOU ALL NEXT TIME!!

NAINAI xoxo