Chapter 15- She Left Me...?

A/N: HEYYY PEEOPLES

SO THIS CHAPTER IS SOMEMORE OC STORY TIME :)

ENJOY :)

Steve's POV

"Time to go." I say, walking into the room where Agent Barton and Agent Romanoff are in. They turn to look at me, glaring feircely.

"Where?" Natasha asks icily. I look at her in confusion before answering.

"I'll explain on the way, can you fly one of those jets?" I ask.

"I can." Barton replies, coming out of the bathroom. I look at Natasha for confirmation.

He might still be dangerous.

She nods at me, before I turn to Barton.

"You got a suit?" I ask and he nods, "Then suit up. I'll go get Zoey."

I turn towards the door, walking out of it to the elevator.

"Steve wait!" Natasha's voice stops me and I turn around.

"What?" I ask impatiently. We need to get out towards New York City now, before Loki attacks.

And I need to see Zoey.

"Zoey's gone." she said quietly, looking down.

I shrug and turn towards the elevator, getting in and pressing the button. As the doors close, my eyes widen and I put my hand between them.

I use my strength to pull the doors apart with great strength and look at Natasha in disbelief.

"What do you mean gone?"

Natasha sighs and hangs her head, her shoulders slumped.

"She left." she whispers.

I turn around again and ride the elevator up to the dormitory level, getting out and running towards Zoey's room.

I fling open the door, searching the room for Zoey. I can't find her anywhere. Her bed is stripped and all her things are gone.

"Zoey!" I call out, "Zoey!"

She left me, she's gone.

She thinks I hate her.

I feel a few tears escaping down my cheeks and roughly wipe them away.

Zoey left me.

Tony bursts through the door, gasping for breath.

"I can't find her anywhere." he breaths, "But we gotta go, Loki's in Manhattan."

I nod reluctantly and walk towards the door.

"I'll go get ready." I sigh, walking briskly towards my room.

I open the door and turn on the light, noticing something different about the room.

Zoey's box.

Full of Peggy's things.

What's it doing here?

I look on top of the box, seeing some writing on it.

'This stuff belongs to you. It was never mine to keep.

I kept it safe for you.'

It's in Zoey's writing.

She gave it to me before she left.

She didn't need to.

It was hers, she found them when she was young. It belonged to her.

It belonged to her.

She thought I was angry at her, just for owning something that belonged to someone I once knew.

I once loved.

But I don't think I do anymore.

There's someone else on my mind.

Someone kind, someone smart, someone brave.

Someone beautiful.

Zoey.

But I might never see her again. She hates me.

She left me.

I quickly put on my suit, running out of the room and onto the runway, where I'm meeting the others.

Natasha and Barton are waiting for me as I turn up. They both look angry at me, although I don't blame them.

"She wasn't there was she?" Clint asks coldly, looking down.

"No, she wasnt." I say truthfully, "And I'm going to find her, set things straight."

"But first we need to get this job done."

Natasha and Clint nod as we walk into one of the jets. A young agent is sitting at the controls.

"You aren't authorized to be in here-" he starts but I put my hand up.

"Son, just don't." I say, waiting for him to leave.

He nods and gets up, turning around as he reaches the door.

"I hope you see Miss Redbird again." he says and my head snaps up.

"What?"

He sighs and looks down.

"I gave her a ride to New York." he explains and my breath hitches for two reasons.

One, this agent gave Zoey a lift, meaning he was the last person to see her.

And I'll admit that makes my blood boil.

Two, Zoey is where we're going. Meaning I could possibly see her again.

And I'll admit that makes my heart race.

I nod, allowing him to leave as we take off. Stark flies out in his Ironman suit, leading the way to Stark Tower.

I sigh and look out the window where I can see him. I can only think that if I hadn't left Zoey in her room, she would be out there right now, flying alongside him.

Alongside us.

Alongside me.

Zoey's POV

I stretch as I stand up, having sat down for a long time.

I sigh and walk into the small kitchen, making myself some tea to cool my nerves.

I'm worried for the others.

Loki is powerful, I don't want anyone to die today.

I sip my tea and look at the tv, waiting for the news to announce an alien invasion.

I'll get to watch the others fight, watch them be heroes.

Whilst I sit alone in my motel room.

Because I decided I'm not going.

They're better off without me.

I'm too distracting, I've made mistakes, I've never battled in anything this big, I'll be a burden.

And Steve shouldn't have to put up with me when he needs to get the job done.

I'm useless anyway.

I don't even know why they allowed me to join the Avengers..

My phone rings, jolting me out of my thoughts.

I check the caller ID.

'Furious'

"Hello Nick." I sigh, leaning against the counter.

"Zoey." He says calmly, "It's time."

I shake my head, even though he can't see me.

"Not for me."

"But they need you." he reasons, "They can't win against Loki without you."

"Yes they can," I say meekly, "They're all heroes, I've done nothing with my life when they were busy saving the world."

"Zoey." he says firmly, "It's not about who you were or what you did, it's about who you apsire to be and what you can do."

"Sure, you haven't battled a crazy and power-hungry madman, or had to kill in order to save others. But you have battle scars to." He continues.

"You helped your mother when your father wasn't there, you grew up without a figure like him in your life. You put up with an abusive stepfather and stood your ground. You protected yourself."

"You took on the world, all by yourself."

"Director." I trail off weakly.

"No, Miss Redbird." he snaps, "You go out there and you help your friends."

"I can't." I whisper, "Steve hates me."

"What does he have to do with this?" Fury asks.

I don't answer, waiting for him to work it out himself.

"Zoey," he says nicely, "Captain Roger doesn't hate you. He never stops talking about you. He was worried sick when you left. I saw it on the security cameras."

"You must've seen it wrong." I say, "Steve wouldn't be upset that I left."

"He was." he insists.

"Fury," I warn him, "I'm not going out there. I'll just get in the way, probably even make things worse."

"Zoey Redbird Flumer." He says and my breathing falters when he says my father's name.

"You have gone through way too much to give up now." He says and I shut my eyes, feeling tears trickle down my cheeks.

"I'm like you Director, I have nothing left to fight for." I say weakly.

"You're not like me Zoey, I already lost what I had to fight for." He says quietly.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I lost my son." He says and my eyes widen as I flashback to one of the times I met Fury.

**LE FLASHBACK**

He begins to walk away, and I don't stop him, I know that this conversation is over.

I sit down and look at the ground, noticing a small piece of paper.

I pick it up and see it is a photo of a little boy. He is a spitting image if trench coat man and I realise this must belong to him.

"Wait!!" I shout, calling after him. He stops and turns around to seeing me running down the street towards him.

"You dropped something." I say, handing him the photo. He smiles at it and puts it in his pocket.

"Is that you?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"My son. Four years old next month" he says, looking at me once again.

**LE END OF FLASHBACK**

"Nick..." I tear up, "I'm so sorry. What happened?"

"Couple of assassins found him and his mom. I have no shortage of enemies Zoey." He says gruffly.

"How old was he?" I ask gently.

"He was seven at the time. Greatest thing that ever happened to me." He replies, his voice cracking at the end.

"After he was gone, I kept an eye on you. I couldn't let what happened to him happen to you."

"Oh Nick." I cry, "Thankyou. You're the father I never had."

"Zoey you count as my daughter. I want you safe, but I know you belong with the others." He pleads.

"I can't.." I trail off and he sighs.

"You have out others before yourself your whole life. You are the reason this group even stays together. Without you, they're just a bunch of people trying to get something done." He continues.

"They need you out there. And don't do it for them, do it for the ones you lost."

"Do it for Banner and Thor, and Agent Coulson. Do it for your mother. Do it for all the people who you care about."

"Do it for yourself."

I roughly wipe away my tears and swallow.

"I'm sorry for being such a pain in the ass." I apologise.

"You weren't. You've been through a lot." He says firmly, "So will we see you out there?"

I take a deep breath and blow out the air. I shut my eyes and breath calmly.

"I'll try."

"Good." He says, "we can't save this world without you Redbird."

"Whatever." I smile, before hanging up.

I put the phone down before walking over to the window.

My motel has a great view over looking New York, the Stark Tower included.

I squint as I make out a bright red dot zooming towards the top off the tower.

Tony..

I sigh an walk into my bedroom, hesitating a few moments before picking up my suit.

I slip it on and warm up, grabbing some guns and testing my powers.

I sigh and think of Mum.

Bruce.

Thor.

Phil.

Fury's son.

I stand up in determination. Their deaths will not be in vain..

I will avenge them, everyone who Loki ever killed, hurt or threatened.

I will stop him.

If its the last thing I do.

----
SOO, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT CHAPTER?

NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHY FURY IS ALWAYS SO FULL OF...

..FURY..

AND IN SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING RECENTLY, I'VE ACTUALLY HAD RHIS CHAPTER FINISHED FOR WEEKS, BUT BECAUSE THE STORY IS ALMOST OVER I DON'T WANT TO POST IT.

BECAUSE IM THINKING ABOUT A SEQUAL.

BUT YOU GUYS HAVE TO TELL ME IF YOU LIKE IT..

VOTE COMMENT FAN AND ALL THAT JAZZ..

NAINAI x