Chapter 29: Part 2

Hey you guys! Sorry for the long wait for Chapter 29: Part 2. Sometime next week, Chapter 30, the last chapter, will be posted (possibly with the epilogue . . . ?). I will be going on vacation to Hawaii (yeah, baby!) with the fam! I'm figuring out if I should bring my laptop or not. If you guys message me or comment I will be able to reply since I have the Wattpad app on my phone.

Again, I'm so sincerely grateful for all the love and votes and comments! They mean a lot. Those who gave my story a chance, thank you! It may not have a million views (yet!), but I think it's pretty good (I mean, I wouldn't continue writing it if I didn't!).

Remember to comment, vote, and follow! Now, enjoy the next chapter! I love you all!

"Two bloody weeks?" I carefully asked Di as she wiped away her tears. She was sitting on my bed, my hand in hers as if her way of proof that I was actually awake.

All she did was nod, squeezing my hand. It was just us for the past few minutes or so. No one other than her knows that I am awake. I didn't want the excitement to overwhelm me. Di, as much as I loved her, was enough as it is after being asleep for fourteen days.

"Di, do you mind helping me out of bed? I want to get to the window." Di did not think twice as I slowly moved my legs to the side of my bed, trying not to show the bit of pain that went through me. Tiny white flowers fell from my hair as I rose up, making me raise an eyebrow. "What in the -"

"Princess Harper insisted that it would make you look pretty," explained Di. I looked up at her with a small smile as I placed my hand in hers once more. Putting some of my weight onto her, Di got me to the window as I slowly seated myself in the chair she was in when I awoke. Through the glass panes, I could easily see the large courtyard surrounded by the gates, at least twenty people of all likes wondered outside them, glancing up at the balcony. And at the floor of the gates were flowers. All of a sudden, I felt myself chocking up. Why was my face wet?

"Here." Di offered me her handkerchief as I dabbed away the tears. "The people did not give up hope, my dear girl. They prayed for your recovery."

"They have that much faith in me?" The question came out in a broken voice. "Hmm, and I'd say that every night more than half of Alendar would stand in front of those very gates, holding their candles," Di responded from next to me. "They know you are genuine and true. Never doubt how much you have done for them, Eleanor."

All I did was nod as I looked out the window. I noticed that most of the flowers were the red ones from Mount Andett. Red was not only the color of the royal family but it was seen as a color of hope. That is why people never use those flowers for funerals; only for happy occasions.

I sat by the window for a few more minutes before returning back to bed. Di laid a light, cotton sheet over my lower half as I rested my back against some pillows. "Get some rest," Di ordered softly, placing a gently kiss on my head, "I'll get Lord Buckingham to come as soon as possible." She turned and walked to my door. I began to dose off but was able to stop Di as the door was opened halfway. "And King Francis-" but Di didn't need to hear the rest. "Say no more." She gave me a smile as she closed the door behind her. It wasn't long after that when I felt my eyes begin to close and I escaped into a peaceful, but not a fourteen day long, sleep.

***************************************************

Two pairs of eyes looked at me. One belonging to Buckingham, the other to Francis. It has been a day since I woke up, and it seems that things have been chaotic. If I had died, there was no document or any piece of information left by me naming my successor. Do you know why? Because I will not leave this earth leaving Alendar in the hands of someone without Alagorian blood. Alendar has been ruled by an Alagor and I will leave it in the hands of an Alagor.