5th QRT: YOKOHAMA Blues

" I remember. I'm sorry... I'm not sure I've kept that promise very well. "

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

They decided to enter the same school which is located in Tokyo. While riding in the car, Kurosaki was only looking down at her hands but then Akashi notice her expression and hold her hand "Is there something bothering you? Mind sharing it with me" he said with a soft look at her.

Kurosaki looks at him and shakes her head as her answer of 'no' "Not at all, young master, I'm fine-"

"Quit calling me 'young master' Masazami, you're not my maid. Call me the way you call me before" he cut off her sentence after Kurosaki calls him 'young master' "I can not take it if you treat yourself like that, we're the same. So please" he said as he cupped her cheek to that it will make her feel safe with his side since he knows that Kurosaki still thinking about the death of her late grandfather.

Kurosaki nods "I understand, Akashi-kun" she acknowledged. Kurosaki started to become a silent girl after that unfortunate event happens to her, that's why her only choice is to stay by Akashi's side and never depart from him.

As they reach school, they went out of the car. Kurosaki looks up at the cherry blossom tree and raises her hand a petal fell on her palm. Akashi looks at her right after discussing with his butler that they will no longer need a chauffeur when going to school. Akashi smiles at her which made Kurosaki looks at him and place her hand down.

Akashi raises his hand offering to hold her hand "Let's go then"

Kurosaki holds his hand and they started to walk to the entrance of the school, as expected it was pretty crowded with students who offered flyers offering to join their club. They are in the same section that's why there's no to be separated, during lunch break they eat together in the cafeteria. Akashi started the conversation "I want to join the basketball club, it would be nice that at least I can do another activity than only studying" while he places a spoonful of food in his mouth and chew it "Join with me they'll be needing a manager" he swallowed.

Kurosaki swallowed first and drink "I decided to go both Kendo and Basketball club," she said as she places her food in her mouth and swallows it, "Aunt Invi told me that my late grandfather has a close friend working here and this Grandfather Shirogane, he working as the coach the basketball club" she explained as they both finish their food and return the tray to the counter.

Right after school, they separate ways, Akashi went to the gym and Kurosaki went to the dojo to submit their papers. Days pass by and they enjoy their clubs. Kurosaki went to the office to see her grandfather, she knocks on the door and opens it she saw her grandfather Shirogane and the current captain of the basketball club. Kurosaki bows "Pardon for intrusion" and enter the room.

"By the way, let me introduce to you our new lovely manager; Kurosaki Masazami' Shirogane introduce her to the team captain "she is my close friend's beloved granddaughter " he added "Seijun, he's our team captain Nijimura Shuuzo"

Kurosaki bows to the team captain "Please to meet you, team captain Nijimura-san" she said with a straightforward look, she raises her hand for a handshake. Nijimura did the same thing and they slowly break off.

"Seijun, I apologize for my absence of your grandfather's funeral, condolence to you," said Shirogane as he stands up and hugs her "I know that you love him so much as he did to you like look at her, he did a great job in raising you with a lot of potentials in any aspect," he said.

Kurosaki hugs him back "I'm just only doing what makes him happy" she replied "I'm ok now, don't worry about me at least I learn how to handle the pain I felt" she then, realize without Akashi she won't take a step forward.

After the meeting, while Kurosaki went back to the classroom to get her stuff she saw Akashi was also walking towards the same room and they both enter the room.

As they fix their bags "How's the conversation of the coach?" Akashi asked without looking at her and while fixing his school bag.

Kurosaki only escapes a short sigh from her mouth "nothing unusual, I'll be starting by tomorrow and ..." she stops on fixing her bag and looks at the window "I'll be cutting half of my time during the club hours, so that I can balance my attendance. How's yours, mind sharing it?" and looks at him but then Akashi was looking at her "what?"

Akashi just only smile "Nothing, well mine is just that they put me in the 1st string, they said that the first string is the main team of the club, the strongest and most important one. The club's captain is always a player from the first string. The second string can be considered reserves for the first string, even though they play their matches too. The third-string is somewhat dumpster where the players end up after being rejected from both the first and the second string. It is unknown if the third string in their matches, it seems that it is only created to keep low-quality in the club. It is encouraged for them to improve and advance to the second string, but this is unlikely to happen" he explains as he continues fixing it and closing the zippers.

Kurosaki also continues fixing her bag and closed it "That's good to hear, grandfather explained that to me too a while ago with the team captain, Nijimura Shuuzo-san" she replied as they started to exits the room "Tomorrow will be a good day, I guess" she whispered.

As the days go by they enjoy their everyday activities in school, while Akashi and Kurosaki walking back to the gym they encounter 3 girls carrying a handful of towels and one of the girls' towers of towels was about to but then Akashi catches before it falls "My bad. Please be careful. also, thank you, I'm grateful for your perpetual support for the team" he said as he let go the towels, he looks at Kurosaki "Let's go" he grabs her hand and pull her.

The girls started to exclaim how cool Akashi is, but then the pinked haired girl noticed the girl pulled by Akashi. Then the other noticed it too "Was she is his girlfriend?"

Kurosaki suddenly sneezes and Akashi stops on pulling her "Oh someone might talking about you, maybe them" he said

Kurosaki pulls out her handkerchief and gently wipes her nose "I guess so ..." she looks at her hand still held by Akashi "By the way ..." before she could continue talking she keeps her handkerchief in her skirt pocket and looks at him

"Why are still holding me?"