4th QRT: Look at the Sky

"Having no one to turn to was the worst kind of hurt. But that just shows how much you mean to me. Carrying around a little hurt can't be all that bad. Hurting is part of caring."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

After school, a car arrives and stops in front of Kurosaki. Kurosaki looks at Akashi and said a farewell t him before he rides the car and the driver drives to the office. As she arrives at the office, she straightly went to the top floor where the office is located, as she reached the top floor she went to the last door and as she opens it she saw her grandfather laying on the floor and she immediately runs to him "G-Grandfather!" then she calls the ambulance thru the phone. The ambulance arrives right away and went to the hospital, as arrived the hospital, Kurosaki calls her two aunts, by borrowing her uncle's phone who is the doctor who checks up on her grandfather.

Kurosaki looks at her uncle "Uncle Ryuu, how's grandfather's condition?" she asked her uncle as she slowly grabs her grandfather's hand.

her uncle checks the vitals before he answers "No worries, he just overworks himself, he just needs some rest but I see something else that makes him very tired of it; I see that he pushed himself to the limits s we need to let him rest here for sure for 4 to 5 days I'll test him for more. You can stay put and when sis arrives you can go home with them" he said.

As her two aunties arrive at the hospital, Kurosaki waits in the lobby of the hospital, after the talk her two aunties go home with her. As they go home riding a car "Can I take care of grandfather while he is stayin' in the hospital?" Kurosaki said as she looks at the charm she is holding.

Aunt Invi patted Kurosaki's head "I know you love him but, you have studies you cannot absent from class. If you want, this Saturday you can visit your grandfather," she said, "Right after the tournament we can go visit him right away and tell him about what happens during the tournament" she added then, Kurosaki nods and lay her head on her aunt's lap. The next day, in school, while they having lunch together "Grandfather stayed in the hospital and aunt said that right after the tournament we will visit him right away since grandfather needs to rest in the hospital, my uncle still checking his vitals and he's not yet allowed to go home until the results are not yet released Kurosaki said as she places her food in her mouth and chews it "You can still go" she looks down "but right after that we're going to the hospital" she added in a sad tone.

That Saturday, Kurosaki was about to go to the waiting room Akashi stops her by grabbing her hand "I know you can do it!" he said as he smiles "I'm cheering on you" he said which made Kurosaki blink and gaze at the side, Akashi notices it which made him giggle softly.

Kurosaki gazes at him "I won't let you down, Akashi-kun" she said as she tightens her grasps and place it on her chest "I won't ever lose to anyone" she said as she went to the waiting area and wear her gears.

When the tournament started she went to the stage and the fight begins, Kurosaki's reflex was perfect and she perfectly swift off her opponent in a single blow, there bamboo swords' sounds were only the sound that you can hear inside the arena, Kurosaki finishes it with her final blow as the opponent knocks dow to the floor. Kurosaki won and got the trophy.

When she is walking backstage she saw her aunties and Akashi waiting for her and she walks towards them to congratulate her victory "I won" she said but then, her auntie's phone suddenly rings and picks it up, her auntie give the phone to Kurosaki. Kurosaki receives the phone and it was her uncle who is working in the hospital giving her the update on her grandfather.

All of sudden she drops both phone and the drop to the floor with a frozen gaze drawn onto her face, her hands were shaking and her eyes flooded with tears, she drops to the floor and screams very loud as it echoes to the corridor. Akashi holds her and stands her up and hugs her, Kurosaki hugs him back and cried on her shoulder, she keeps on crying and crying without tomorrow as she heard the bad news about her grandfather's death.

Akashi hugs her tightly, slowly pats her back head "Masazumi, cry until the pain is gone" he whispered to her ear.

Kurosaki moves her head "I-I wanna see him for the last time so that I can let him hold this trophy" she requested as they all agree they went to the hospital and went to the room where her grandfather is, as they saw him on the hospital bed Kurosaki walks towards him with the trophy in her hand and place it on the bed "Grandfather, this wasn't the prize I want" her tears slowly stream down on her cheek but she wipes it off using her backhand. They decided to go home. Kurosaki locks up in her room and didn't go to the funeral, her grandfather's coffin placed in the basement.

3 days had passed and she is still not going out of her room, she even has 2 days absent from school and her aunt cannot do anything about it.

Akashi went to visit her he has homemade cookies made by him with the help of her mother, he went to her room trying to convince her to go out at least "Masazumi, I know you in there hoping to reach this to you. I know that you love your grandfather very much but please where is the strength that he gives you to face anything, he said that even though he's here still stand up and face it. I want you to promise me, please stand up for me, fight for me, and stay by my side" he said "what am I sayin' anyway, I can't snap you off" but then he heard the doorknob unlocked and the door slowly opens a little seeing Kurosaki peaking at the door. Akashi faces her with a calm demeanor "Masazumi, please I want to be with you forever and ever" he looks at her with a soft look.

Kurosaki opens the door "I'm sorry, but I cannot face you after all. this pain is too much and you see me too weak-" her sentence was cut because Akashi suddenly hugs her unexpected, she was shocked at a brief  moment but then, she slowly hug him back "I'm sorry for leaving you alone" she apologized "I promise that I won't leave you and stay by your side forever"

Days had passed and she finally moves on to her pain, promising him to be with his side forever. As they reach the fifth grade, Akashi's mother died because of illness, during the funeral Kurosaki went to the funeral for paying respect to his deceased mother. Kurosaki lifts her courage makes a vow to Akashi's strict father that she'll be protecting his son's life for the rest of her life. The vow is made and Kurosaki never leaves his side until then.