Happiness

Songs for the chapter:

I Love You -Alex and Sierra
Nothing More -The Alternate Routes

******

Waking up in Dan's arms is probably the best feeling in the world. I don't remember falling asleep. The last thing I remember was the two of us watching some crappy movie on television, sideways on the couch. Last night went completely different than how I thought it would actually go. Dan didn't try anything with me after...our little make out session. He brought up silly topics that we laughed at and reminisced some of our most embarrassing moments together and laughed again. I was so comfortable with him and there was no tension at all between us.

"Morning, love," he says with a sleepy, deep voice.

"Morning," I grinned.

Shit.

Morning breath.

"I'm too lazy to get up, do you wanna stay here for a while?" He pulls me in.

I have to brush my teeth first!

"Sure," I'm not going to give away his offer for brushing my teeth. That's just wrong.

"Had fun last night?" He smiles.

"Yeah. I hope we can do this some other time," I smile back but notice the smirk on his face and immediately gasp. "Not the stuff we did, j-just the y-you know. Not that other thing..."

"Are you implying that you don't want to kiss me again?" the smirk is still plastered on his face when he's asking the embarrassing question.

"No! I mean..no it's fine with me," I blush and laugh uncomfortably.

"I don't mind, you know? It was hot. You surprised me," he winks and I cover my face with my hands. Dan just laughs at me and drops his head in the crook of my neck. The action is so heart warming, no matter how simple it is. It makes the butterflies erupt in my stomach.

I unwrap his hands from my waist and get up slowly, yawning.

"What about school?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Ditching. " he simply shrugs. "So what are you doing for Christmas?"

Christmas. I forgot about that.

"My parents usually come home but whatever. I won't spend time with them," I feel the rage surface again but I quickly hide it with a shrug. I wonder how things got so messed up between me and my parents. Is it just because they haven't provided me the perfect childhood I've always wanted or is it because they were in miles away when Annie called them and told them

"Want some breakfast?" He stands in front of me.

"I should probably get going. I need to take a long, hot bath," I shrug.

"No. Stay a little more," he pouts and I try to ignore the zoo in my stomach. I really don't want to leave but I should before whoever he's living with comes and gets the wrong idea.

Wait.

"Who do you live with? I mean you can't be living alone. Like how do you pay bills and shit?" I raise my brow.

"I have a friend living with me. And by the way, I work," he informs me and I feel my urge to leave grow.

"What do you do?" I ask.

"Remember when we kissed in front of that supermarket? Well, of course you remember. But point is, I work there. It was my shift then and I got some food on my way out," he explains and I involuntarily stop listening once he mentions the kiss.