Discussion Thread: Chapters 7-9

Discussion and Q&A Guidelines

Please feel free to use this area to discuss and debate chapters 1-3. If you have any specific questions for the author, Garrett Calcaterra, please make sure to tag him in your question with his handle @gcalcaterra. He will make his best effort to respond to your tagged questions within the week. Otherwise, the author will not respond or "police" any of your comments. Just make sure to be civil, follow the Wattpad code of conduct, and have fun!

Author Notes

*This is a fun part of the book because both Makarria and Caile are running into life threatening obstacles for the first time!

*I try not to get overly descriptive when it comes to setting, but some locations need a thorough description, and Col Sargoth is definitely one of those locations. It's very much a case where the setting is reflective of the character who lives there, in this case, Emperor Guderian, the big baddie himself.

*These chapters incorporate premonitory dream sequences from Taera. They serve as what you'd call a "pinch," a reminder of conflict in a setting we haven't seen in a while. I chose to put these sequences in present tense to give them a feel of something that has not (and may not!) yet happen.