Discussion Thread: Chapters 19-21

Discussion and Q&A Guidelines

Please feel free to use this area to discuss and debate chapters 1-3. If you have any specific questions for the author, Garrett Calcaterra, please make sure to tag him in your question with his handle @gcalcaterra. He will make his best effort to respond to your tagged questions within the week. Otherwise, the author will not respond or "police" any of your comments. Just make sure to be civil, follow the Wattpad code of conduct, and have fun!

Author Notes:

*There are two key concepts you have to be on top of to keep readers moving along in a novel: consequences and motivation. In this installment of Dreamwielder, it would have been easy to move along too quickly and only focus on the forward action. Forward action simply for plot's sake, though, doesn't keep readers interested. Hence, we see the consequences of our character's actions. Natarios Rhodas has done as he's been told, and in "The Face of Terror" he's witness to the horrifying murder of the women he's helped capture. There are consequences to following orders when the orders are evil! Likewise, we get to see what's happening to Lorentz, who was captured as a consequence of Caile's rash actions in trying to escape Col Sargoth.

*As for motivation, this installment of the book begins to reveal the motivations of two secondary characters who have had big roles in the course of the plot: Talitha and Roanna. We get insights into what has driven them to act. This helps make them more rounded characters, and also makes the action far more plausible.