Chapter 4: Rebirth

Chapter 4

~Cam~

"His name is Damion Tazzo."

"Sounds Italian."

I shrugged. "He doesn't look Italian..." I thought about it for a second. "At least I don't think he does. He's a firefighter."

"Uhuh."

"And you wouldn't believe how deep his voice is."

"I'm sure."

"And he's taller than me." I grinned.

"Everyone's taller than you."

I didn't let it faze me. I dropped back onto the bed and looked up at the ceiling. "He's really strong too and he's the most handsome man you'll ever see."

"I doubt that."

"And his eyes are dark brown. They're really pretty, you'd like them."

She shrugged.

"And when he looks at me it's like he can tell exactly what's going through my head. It's crazy."

"It is."

"I like his hair and he's so...manly." I told her and she shook her head.

"There's something seriously wrong with you Cam."

"I think I'm in love."

"You're not."

"If you met him you'd understand." I told her.

"I don't think I would actually."

"He's perfect."

"No, you only think he is."

I shook my head. "He made me pancakes this morning and I know it's because I told him they're my favorite."

"Good for him."

I sat up. "You're gonna like him Monte."

She finally turned away from the mirror and looked at me. "No Cam, I won't, because he's going to hurt you. Just like all the others."

I frowned. "Damion's different."

She rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips. "You've known the guy for two short nights. You don't know that."

"He was nice to me."

She sighed and looked away and my frown deepened. "Just because someone's nice to you doesn't mean they're good for you Cam. You of all people should know that."

She just didn't understand. She didn't know him like I did. "He's not gonna hurt me. I can feel it."

This time when she looked at me her eyes were almost...sad. "They always hurt you...it's just a matter of time."

"He says we're gonna be exclusive and he wants to train me."

She frowned and came to sat beside me on the bed. "What do you mean train you?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, but he says it'll make things easier for me."

"I don't like the sound of this."

"You're worrying too much Monte." I took her hand. "I think maybe he likes me and if I'm really good I just know I can make this work."

"Cam I know how much you want to believe that, but you've said the exact same thing about every man you've let into your life and every single one of them has hurt you. Every single one of them."