Chapter 11: Come Hell or High Water

Chapter 11

"Slowly."

I did as he said, but the slow brush of the fabric against my skin was making everything worse. He didn't understand that I was just about ready to spill everything. He didn't understand how this entire process made my whole body throb.

When my pants finally fell to my ankles, I breathed a sigh of relief. "You'll come when I tell you to." He said." And not a second before."

I bit my lip, and suddenly I was brought back to another time, in another place, with another master. A master who'd said the same words and had been more than just disappointed when I'd let him down. At that moment, I could have sworn I felt my scars tingle from just the memory of that day. I had let him down and he had been right to punish me, but I couldn't do what he'd asked. I didn't even understand how other people did it. My body just didn't work that way, and now I was going to disappoint Damion too. I nodded to him anyway.

He was going to be so upset with me when I couldn't do it. I shifted from foot, then clasped my hands behind my back and stood as still as I could manage, because a good sub didn't fidget. Maybe this time would be different. Maybe my body wouldn't betray me since I liked this new master better than the others. Maybe—

"Focus Cam."

I glanced up at Damion, who was still watching me.

"Sorry, I—"

"What's wrong?" he interrupted, and I shook my head.

"Nothing." Was my automatic response. When his eyes narrowed, I tacked on 'sir' at the end.

"Something's obviously troubling you. Tell me what it is."

Damion was a good master. He was always nice to me, and the only thing I ever did was show him just how useless I was. I didn't know what a lot of his toys were for. I didn't like the whips and I wasn't good at keeping form like he wanted. If I could just do something to make him proud of me, then it would make sense for him to be nice to me. If he wanted me come when he said, then maybe if I just tried hard enough, then I could do it.

"No sir. Nothing's wrong." It would be stupid to tell him the truth. I wanted him to like me, not get tired of me. I had to show him that I was competent.

My master propped his elbow unto the arm of the couch, and ran a finger under his chin slowly, as he sat watching me. I couldn't understand his expression. It was blank and unreadable, but his gaze was hard and piercing as he watched me, and I looked away when I couldn't meet his eyes anymore.

I could already feel myself wilting as the discomfort that this new silence brought set in. I unclasped my hands and folded them in front of me as the silence continued. I looked at my feet and at the painting above his head. Everywhere but at him.

"Why are you lying to me?" he finally said, and his voice was quiet and cold.

I shook my head, meeting his cold stare for a second, before I looked away again. "I'm not."

"You are." The cold voice continued. "And the longer you stand here denying it, the more insulting it becomes."

I bit my lip, and suddenly my chest felt tight. When the puppy started whining, I automatically glanced over at him. "Don't look at him, look at me." Damion said, and I tore my eyes away from Happy.

"I—I didn't mean to lie, I was just..." I trailed off because he was staring at me with that same dead look that only made me nervous, and the tightening in my chest got worse. I shifted from foot to foot and my throat became dry.