Chapter 8

Once we had arrived in Nottingham everyone split off into their assigned groups and set off to work.

I stared at Will who walked silently beside me. I wondered what had changed him from the night before. I thought about asking him but decided to wait. We had a job to do.

Once we got into the main courtyard of Nottingham and I glanced around for anyone familiar that would blow my cover. I didn't see anyone, yet. I gulped back the fear that was rising in me and exhaled.

"Hey, it'll be ok." Will said as he gently took my hand and squeezed it.

I smiled at his gesture and turned to face him. He was looking down at me and seemed to get I was nervous, however he did not know the reason why.

After a few moments of looking at each other he pulled away and told me that it was time to carry out the plan.

I took a deep breath in before starting to scream.

"What is your problem?! I knew you were cheating on me you monster!"

"Oi woman you watch your mouth!" Will shouted back at me.

We continued to shout insults and swear words at each other until we were interrupted by two guards.

"What seems to be the problem here folks?" One of the asked.

"This pig is the problem!" I screamed.

"Oi! I ain't a pig! You ungrateful wench!"

"That's it!" I shouted as I took a swing at Will who ducked and instead I felt my fist hit the guard standing behind Will.

"I am so sorry sir!" I screamed as I took another swing at him, knocking him down.

When I turned around I saw Will had already brought the guard that had been behind me down.

"Two down," Will smiled at me.

"Ok." I replied as I glanced around to see if anyone had seen that. For whatever reason nobody had noticed. How odd. I thought to myself as I felt Will take my hand once more.

We hastily exited the courtyard and waited by the gate where we would shoot the lines that would shoot the great iron gate down so no soldiers could follow us out.

As we waited for the signal I decided to ask Will what was wrong with him this morning. He said nothing and turned his attention back to the gate, waiting for Robin's signal.

I rolled my eyes, men. They can be so stubborn and won't let anyone know what they're thinking or feeling. Hmm maybe they don't actually think about much of anything. But I digress!

After what seemed like forever we received Robin's signal and it was time for part two. Will and I were to create a really big diversion that would divert all eyes away from the South Tower while Robin, Much, and little John lowered bags of gold down. Big diversion no problem. Gisbourne and the Sheriff probably would recognize me and take me back kicking and screaming. What could go wrong?

As I reluctantly followed Will into the courtyard I noticed a large presence of guards.

"You know Will I should probably mention something now," I whispered to Will who didn't hear me and began to make a ruckus.

He eyeballed me as he waited for me to start playing along. We were to be an arguing couple once again but it was supposed to get a bit more violent than the last "spat".

"I shouldn't be here," I tried again but Will took this as I was playing along. Crap.

"Shouldn't be here? Huh? Well honey no wonder nothing gets done! You don't want to be anywhere!"

"I really think you and I should talk, privately now!" I hissed and darted my eyes towards the side of the courtyard.

"Private talk? Why don't you say what you really feel now!" Will loudly shouted.

He didn't get it. I felt all eyes turning towards us. Not good.

"And what is the problem here? Don't you know some people are trying to enjoy themselves without whiny screaming peasants," a cold voice sarcastically sneered from behind me.

Oh no. It was the Sheriff.