Chapter 17

Back against a tree I readied myself for the blows. My stomach was in a knot and my breath was ragged. Panic was flying through my mind and I didn't know how long I could hold onto the heavy sword in my hands.

When all seemed lost for me I heard a familiar voice call out,

"Do you need some assistance milady?"

"Yes!" I shouted out, unable to see where the voice came from.

Before I could move I watched as a man in all black swooped in and fought the two goons. I watched for a moments time before remembering poor Will unconscious on the ground. I carefully ran around the battle of the man in black and the two goons right to where Will still laid unconscious.

"Will wake up!" I shouted as I gently slapped his checks.

When he didn't respond I put my head against his chest, listening for a heart beat. Satisfied that there still was one I tore my eyes off of Will and found them looking at the man. The goons weren't so goony after all. They were rather skilled fighters and I decided to go help the man in black.

I picked up Will's blade once more and ran towards the mini battle. I caught one of the men off guard and knocked him over, his sword flying from his hand as he fell. His hands flailed out wildly and he grabbed ahold of my arm as he fell, taking me to the ground with him. I quickly regained my balance and sat on his chest, throwing punches at his his face. My first one nailed him in the nose. His hands instinctively went to comfort the pain from his now broken nose. Blood gushed out and ran down his face.

"You little bitch," he angrily growled as he knocked me off of him and got on top of me. I bucked him off and kicked him in the groin. He rolled into a ball as pain ran through his body. I turned to see Will attempting to get up. I unthinkingly ran towards him and behind me heard a man gagging as his last breath came out. Turning, I found the man I had been fighting with a dagger in his back, another lay forever clamped in his dead hand.

Too shocked to move I stated at the dagger the man held and the one in his back. I then looked to find the man in black sighing a deep breath of relief as he fell to his knees, the second man dead next to him.

I looked back at Will who seemed to be alright before slowly approaching the man in black. His hood was no longer on his head, covering his face so that the pale moon light revealed the face of Sir Guy of Gisbourne.

I stared in shock right before Gisbourne's body crashed to the ground with a loud crunching of leaves underneath it.

Well great, just great. I thought to myself as I stared at the passed out Gisbourne to the crippled Will. I sure had my work cut out for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~