Chapter 28

Suddenly light poured into my eyes and I felt myself gagging on water as hands frantically pushed on my diaphragm. Instinctively I rolled over to let the water pour out. 

"She's alive!" I heard some one shout excitedly.

Once all water had been expelled from my body I rolled over onto my back and looked up to see many worried faces.

"What happened?" I asked, trying to sit up but felt dizzy and fell back down.

"Easy, easy. Here," Will offered as he helped me up into a seated position, his hand supporting my back in case I fell backwards again.

"Water, dead chief, oh my god the chief!" I exclaimed.

"Shush. Don't worry about that now," Robin soothed.

"We need a trap. Lure them into a trap and kill them all" I rambled ignoring Robin.

"Melody, you need rest ok?" Robin tried again.

"Lure them into the woods but have it surrounded by leaves. Burn the leaves create smoke. Confuse them. Smoke them out of the woods. Then make lots of noise and talk like their God. They'll be so afraid they'll leave! They are very superstitious people. Yes that's what you should do," I rambled again before blacking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke with a start as I looked around to fun I had been moved to one of the pine beds in the camp. I sat up and watched the world spin as I fell backwards and back into a deep sleep.

I woke again for a brief moment to see Will looking down at me. He smiled seeing my eyes open. I struggled to stay awake but sleep overtook me once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke slowly, feeling very rested and happy. I sat up slowly, the world didn't spin and I smiled in spite of myself . I looked over to see Will passed out by my side. He looked so peaceful as he slept and I smiled once more.

After a few moments of watching him sleep I carefully stood and went down the ladder to find Robin sitting by the fire watching Much mix some strange concoction in the big pot.

"Melody," Robin said surprised as he stumbled to stand.

"Please stay seated," I said as I sat down next to him.

"How are you feeling?"
"Much better now. Thanks. How long have I been asleep?"
"Four days. We have all been worried about you."
"Four days?!"
"Mm hmm," he replied as he poked the fire with a stick.
"What, what about the barbarians?"
"We tried what you suggested while you were more or less out of it. It worked," he beamed.
"Oh good," I replied.
We both stared in silence at the fire as the flames leapt into the air.
"Melody?" I hear my name called and turned to see Will standing behind me.

I happily jumped up and threw myself at him. Will almost lost his balance but managed to steady himself. I rested my head on his shoulder as his arms tightened their grip around me. I heard Robin getting up and dragging Much away with him to give us some space.

After a very long time of standing there in the comfort of his arms I finally pulled back and Looked up into his deep brown eyes.
"Will?"
"Yes love?" He replied tenderly.
"Will you teach me how to swim," I laughed.
"Of course."
I smiled at him  and once more rested my head upon his shoulder. Life was finally good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~