Chapter 22

Finding Gisbourne was not too hard as he was busy running around panicking that he had once again lost me. When I finally spotted him, he was roughing up some poor old man demanding if he had seen me.

I cleared my throat loudly. "AHEM."

"What do you want?" Gisbourne snapped, turning to face me. "Oh it's you. Do you know I've been looking for you? Where the hell have you been?!" he demanded.

"I took a walk," I replied.

"You're supposed to wait for me!" He shouted.

"OK, OK, OK, you don't have to be so huffy about it," I said, turning to walk back to the castle.

I sensed him following and smiled. I had won that round with Sir Guy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was boring. I wandered the castle with my puppy dog. Up and down I wandered until I was about ready to fling myself from the wall. There was absolutely nothing fun about being locked in a castle, and with Gisbourne stalking me, it was nearly impossible to get near the Sheriff or Prince John to hear their plans. 

I slowly began to feel myself going insane and decided without warning to storm into the Sheriff's private room where he was conversing with Prince John.

"What are you doing here?" The Sheriff demanded, upon my intrusion.

"I'm bored. Father, may I go ride my horse?" I asked, ignoring the Sheriff.

"Whatever my little princess desires," John responded.

I turned to go but was stopped by his next sentence.

"Just take Gisbourne with you."

I felt my blood boil with annoyance and as calmly as possible responded, "Yes father."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the stable I mounted my horse and waiting for Gisbourne. When he was ready I rode off without saying anything to him. I needed some fresh air. 

His horse was strong and had no problem keeping up with mine. I began to space out and think about the mercenaries that were being hired to kill Robin and his men. What was Robin going to do? How were they to survive the attack? Then I began to wonder about Will. Why was he so indecisive? First he likes me, then he doesn't, and now he does again? I shook off my thoughts about Will because I began to feel tears threatening to fall and I didn't need Gisbourne seeing me cry. 

We rode in silence until we came to the edge of Sherwood forrest. I spurred my horse forward but was blocked by Gisbourne and his.

"Not today," he said.

"Why not?" I asked.

He didn't respond but instead grabbed ahold of my reins and turned my horse around. I rolled my eyes at him commanded my horse to stop. I then dismounted and walked towards the entrance of the wood. Gisbourne was quick to catch up to me and block my path.

"Get out of my way," I demanded.

"No," he replied sternly.

"Why the hell not?" I questioned in a not so lady-like manner.

"The forrest is not safe milady."

"Well that's why I have you, isn't it?" I asked triumphantly, as I stepped around a dumbfounded Gisbourne.

I didn't make it very far into the wood before Gisbourne had caught up and was hauling me out of the woods. I beat on his back with my fists and when that didn't work I grabbed his hair and pulled hard, causing him to scream in pain and drop me on the ground. I glared at him and stood up, rubbing my sore butt. Before I knew it I was throwing punches at his face which he was blocking or dodging.

I added some kicks to his shins and one to his groin. He keeled over and I stood there looking at him feeling no remorse. He quickly recovered and glared at me. Fire flashed in his eyes and I had a bad feeling I was in trouble. I had just seriously pissed off Sir Guy of Gisbourne.