Dream of Us

Jade's

October 3, 2015

I am riding the elevator to the 11th floor. I am alone and it was around 12 midnight so my mind is already playing tricks on me. I must admit I am a scaredy-pants. I get easily scared, I don't watch any horror movie cause my mind can get too wild with imagination sometimes. So to ease my paranoia I pulled my phone from my back pocket to check on whatever since I am still five floors away from my unit.

1 text message

***David: Hey Jadey! Were you able to get home safe? Text me.***

***Me: Yeah I'm in my building now. 3 floors away from my unit. thanks.***

After sending the message I glanced up to where the numbers are flashing I'm on the tenth floor so I just waited for the 11th. I was already out of the elevator when I received another text from my best friend David before opening it I first opened the door of my unit, got in and locked it behind me. I put my things on the table in the living room, turn the AC on and the radio too. I collapsed on the couch and reached for my phone from the table to check on David's message.

***David: Good. I'll see you tomorrow for you're studio's blessing and after party. btw Batchi, Wila and Sally messaged me and they're all up for tomorrow to support you. Goodnight.***

***See you guys then! Goodnight.***

I put my phone down, I am thinking of a hot shower but I can't bring myself to move, today was really tiring mainly because it's my dance studio's opening tomorrow so I needed to set everything perfectly. All the things needed for the blessing and after party, the whole program, the catering and all the other necessities involved. Thank God David was there to help me. David's my long time guy best friend and it's always nice of him to be there when I need help since our high school days. We're actually a group of five. David, Batchi, Wila, Sally and me. Our group was formed because of a history project and we kicked of just that and now here we are not only friends but also business partners. Batchi and Wila have this event's organizing company which is slowly but surely getting known in the industry. David, Sally and me have a restaurant which opened last year since we all love good and healthy food we decided to give it a try and good thing it was a success and we're ready to open another branch next year. And tomorrow I'll have another baby which is my dance studio. I've always loved dancing. And my passion for it paved way for me to open my own dance studio for me to be able to share my knowledge to kids and adults who would enroll.

Because of my laziness out of exhaustion I decided to take a power nap on the sofa...

I see my self on my dance studio there was a dim light from above that made a faint halo of light in the middle of the dance floor like the one you see in the opening of the comedy series Mr. Bean. I walked slowly towards the light unconsciously willing to be drown to it. I was at the center of it and when I looked to where the light was coming from it suddenly became a hard blinding spectrum of white light and when I opened my eyes again I am in a corn field the one you see on horror movies where people get clawed on by the jeepers creepers. Out of instinct I started running, while running I was shocked when my dancing clothes of tank top, leggings and dancing shoes suddenly changed into those dresses with corsets and petticoats making it hard for me to run, but instead of stopping I decided to struggle lifting the heavy garment and kept running. I was out of breath so I decided to slow down to regain stamina before I halt, I was panting and gasping for air because the corset I am wearing felt tighter than it should be, I decided to start moving again that's when someone grasp my arm and dragged me, someone who's also wearing the same dress as mine but with a different color. She just continued dragging me without looking back, I was confused and scared at first but then I ignored it her hand against my skin is sending my brain sparks of weird feeling of safety. I was pulled out of my trance when I heard a voice of a man shouting. I looked back and saw three men in uniform clothing holding guns at us. And before I could turn toward the woman in front of me I heard three successive gun shot.

"Woahat the fuck!" I jerked out of the dream, a nightmare. I roamed my eyes around me, I'm back at my condo and it's already morning when I checked my phone it's seven o 'clock. good. I'm still not late. I am not bothered by my bad dream anymore when I decided to get ready.

"I still have a studio to open today." I said brushing of another bad dream in the back of my mind. I stood up and went straight to the bathroom for my delayed hot shower after that I brewed coffee and made some toast. I was half way my quite breakfast when I heard my phone ringing. I looked at the screen and saw my mom's name.

"Hello Mom?" I said happily they know today's the opening of my studio may be they'll congratulate me or something.

"Hi Baby! Are you ready for you're studio's opening later? Congratulations dear!" she exclaimed

"Yes mom I am really excited! Thank you so much mom!" I said smiling

"You really are doing great independently and I am so proud of you. By the way here's your father."

"Hello Dad?"

"Hello my dear! How are you? Congrats on you're new business!"

"Thank you dad! I told you I can do it!"

"I knew you would baby girl. Maybe if you're all good you can visit us here in the US it's been months since you visited us. We miss you" he said with a a faint hint of sadness

"Don't worry dad, once I get the business going I'll visit you there. I promise! By the dad I need to go I don't want to be late for the opening."

"Alright Jade dear I'll let you be. Good bye and take care!"

"Bye Baby!" I heard mom's voice on the back ground

"Bye parents!"

After the call I cleaned the dishes on the sink get dressed and left for the studio. I was already near the place when I received a text from David saying they're already there and people are starting to pile up. So when the stop light turned green I stepped on the pedal right away. I parked my car in front of the building.

"There you are!" I heard them in unison

"Hey guys!" I greeted

"So let's get this party started?" Batchi offered while opening the door for us.

"Shall we?" that's David offering his arm for me and his other arm to Sally and Sally's arm to Wila just our childishness kicking in.

"YES!!!!"