Secondhand You

Jade's

I was preparing for a formal dinner at the promenade of the hotel, all guests were invited so Alex and I agreed to come.

Alex then again decided to take everything more seriously than usual, she made a few phone calls and after three hours our matching Audrey Hepburn outfits were delivered.

Alex was already waiting for me at the terrace of our suite. She's ravishing with her hair pulled into a loose bun, and the body hugging black knee length dress, and pearls that looked perfect on her skin.

She's leaning on the rails admiring the view she still hasn't worn her heels cause she's standing at the tip of her toes. She looks majestic as always, like Audrey Hepburn in one of her black and white films with Gregory Peck.

She may have felt my presence and ogling silence that's why she chuckled before turning towards me offering her right hand to me.

I slowly walked towards her reaching for her hand,

"Can we just stay like this forever? Not even worried about time and the highs and lows of the outside world?" She softly said with an expression I couldn't read.

"I wish we could. But then for now, let's enjoy our time together. the world is ours for the whole two weeks." I said kissing her lips, I held my breath as she responded gently like I was some fragile porcelain. I bit her lower lip which made her smile.

"I love you." I uttered

"I love you more." she said hugging me tightly

"You are the best thing that's ever happened to me Jade."

"You are to me too, Alex." I said hugging her back

"So are we still up for the party downstairs?" I asked raising an eyebrow

"Yes. They need to see Audrey's reincarnation in flesh."

We walked out of our suite to the elevator and to the promenade not leaving each other's side. I held on to her like I was afraid to get lost.

There are different races of people gathered in the spacius area and it's more crowded tonigt than the afternoon tea. People were dressed formally...

"Wow this actually looked like a scene in Princess diaries." Alex commented giggling lightly

"And you are Anne Hathaway." I said pinching her nose she just rolled her eyes at me and kissed my forehead.

We made our way to the buffet table getting ourselves something to eat then we took two glasses of champagne and decided to proceed to one of the open balconies.

We found an empty table and settled there, the cool winter breeze immediately hugged our bodies. We are having our intimate dinner; we seem too taken by our own world and we can't take off our hands from each other, her phone suddenly rang, she slipped away from my arm and just held my hand before answering...

"Hello? Yes Uncle Lucky? Oh? We're fine, we're actually in one of the hotel's gathering... yes.. wait I'll check on it I left it in our suite... okay, I'm on my way... Call you again..." she ended the call and turned to me

"Love, I'll just send something to Uncle Lucky via e-mail it's important, I'm sorry. You can just stay here I'll be back in a bit."

"It's okay love, go on." I said smiling she kissed me and left

I stood up from my chair and leaned to the concrete railing of the balcony when I suddenly felt a hand covering my eyes...

"Love, that was quick..." I said turning around to see her but I was surprised when I saw who's there...