Pride and Prejudice

Althea's

Jade's recovery from the dreaded incident was quicker than I thought it would be. She no longer shakes involuntarily when she's sleeping, she no longer weep at the thought and she no longer thinks that she's not worthy of me. She's becoming Jade again, my sweet, stubborn, cheerful and endearing Jade.

I am hosting a dinner party for us with her friends since I didn't showed up the last time they invited me. Jade also made sure that I am driving with her to the dinner because she don't want me disappearing again.

"I'm not going to the dinner on my own. You need to drive me there." she commanded

We're at some cafe near her studio I was making some phone calls for reservation, I looked at her funny because she look and sound so cute when she's demanding about something like and eight year old.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she said raising an eyebrow

"What look? I was just appreciating the view from where I am now." I said winking

As usual she blushed, she still does. Like always.

"Where would they want to eat by the way?" I asked while searching on Google and slowly taking her hand in mine.

"Hmm anywhere would be fine, I know they wouldn't say no at anything you offer." she said

"Okay then..." I answered knowing exactly where to go

Our dinner reservation is not until nine in the evening and since it's a Sunday I decided to come by Jade's place as early as nine in the morning.

I can see that she's quietly pleased to see me...

"You ready?" I greeted her

"You are 12 hours early."

"Oh you counted?" I said raising an eyebrow before playfully carrying her inside her unit

The place was suddenly filled with her effervescent laughter, she slipped away from me running around while she's dancing and singing.

"What's with all this Jade?" I asked teasing her

"Is it wrong to be this happy seeing the love of my life?"

She suddenly stopped what she's doing and walked towards me putting a hand on my cheek

"I heart you..." she whispered with a shy smile

"Is that loser language for I love you?" she pouted and turned her back to me

I then seized her from behind burying my face on her hair taking in the sweet scent of old wood and lavender her favorite shampoo.

"I heart you too..." I felt her chuckled and we stayed like that for a few more minutes like we hold time in our hands.

We spent the rest of the day eating and watching her favorite American series Orange Is the New Black.

At seven in the evening we're already on our way to Tagaytay, I decided to surprise her with making a reservation at one of her Father's restaurant. I also learnt that it was the particular restaurant where she came out to her parents when she was 15.

Pretty brave.

"Love? Where are we going?"

She suddenly asked while straightening up from her seat, looking like a fresh cut out from a fashion magazine even with a simple navy blue off shoulder knee length dress. It was actually my gift to her to match my fit navy blur off shoulder crop top and khaki slacks. You know matchy matchy couple stuff. *wink*wink*