Take Me back to Sunflower Fields

Jade's

"Good to hear that Jade. Anyway I need to get going, update me for the get together next week? I missed you guys!"

"Sure I'll poke 'em"

"Alright! you are so going to tell me about this Alex of yours."

"She's not mine. Shut up. Don't give me ideas."

"Oooooookay! See you soonest. Bye bye Jadey."

"Yes! Miss you. Bubye." I ended the call

By the way, that was Batchi she's in Singapore for her long awaited holiday. We were talking about things, I've also told her about Alex and how cool she is and she's already eager to meet her. All of our other friends were also busy the past few weeks and we so need to get together real soon. David was into some Brazilian businesswoman he met at a business convention he attended so he's basically MIA, Wila's busy covering up for Batchi since the latter went to SG, And Sally's visiting her parents in the US. So I'm pretty much spending most of my weekdays at the studio. 

Good thing, Alex and I spend more days together since her enrollment to my dance classes, we became good friends right of the bat. She's really easy to talk to, always full of humor but with insightful opinions. We reek deep conversations, coffee table books, art galleries and vinyls. We're old souls as she said. We yearn for pieces and relics of the pasts as if we were born on all of those years. She's really good with words and how she deliver them, well what can I say for a literature major right?

It's been a month since I've known her and we're nearing on the last parts of her sessions and her progress was great, she really showed me that she's putting her heart into things she do which inspired me to be a better instructor. 

She make me feel so alive I crave her attention even more. It's like we've known each other forever, cause she can actually finish my sentences, she knows exactly what to do when I'm stressed at work and sometimes she seems to be able to read my mind, but we're not really sure what we call our relationship for now.

I'm scared too cause Althea's still lurking in the back of my mind.

All my thoughts goes out to her nowadays but I am sometimes hit by the fact that I am starting to feel like I was cheating on Althea with Alex. God knows how weird I feel about it and every time Althea would pop out from my mind out of nowhere I just cringe at the thought.

I was at my office when I heard a soft knock on the door

"Come in." I said

"Jade, Alex is looking for you." Pearl said with a meaningful smile

We've been like this for the past month, she would just drop by unannounced, most of the times bringing food, other times she would just watch me teach my class, some times she would drag me out right away. Every time she's here is a surprise I am yet to unravel which really excites me.

"Let her in." I said smiling eagerly

After a few seconds she barged into my office marching like an idiot and pretending to play a trumpet complete with hand gestures. She's wearing a blue and white striped baseball uniform with her name on the back and a number 27, with black ripped jeans and her all time favorite Dr. Martens. I laugh at her animated entrance so hard.

I was still laughing when she acted formally seating in front of my table looking like a business partner with a proposal...

"Good Morning Ms. Tanchingco. I am here to make a proposal."

I mimicked her and said "Good morning to you too Ms. Guevarra. Let me hear about it."

She leaned in cupping a side of her face with a hand, the action you do when you are trying to gossip about someone