Chapter 2

Follow Me on my NEW Twitter @bridgeskies

Chapter Two

After sitting through an awkward car ride to school, I’m pretty sure my lips chewed off from me biting on it the whole ride. He kept glancing at me.    Oh My God Kate, I bet you have something on your face. What if your make up is smeared?! That ass hole!  How could he just let me sit there with a messed up face, and not tell me? Is he sick or something?    I quickly turn to him and blurt out “Like what ya see, Dierkhising? “  My eyes get super big. I’m shocked with myself. WHY DID I SAY THAT?

 “Sorry.. I uh.. I didn’t mean to stare at you.” He replies looking straight ahead. I laugh to make him feel better, but I think it did the opposite. Leave it to ME to mess it up. There’s a perfectly sculpted God driving me to school and I have to be sassy. Great.

After we get to the large building, I quickly thank him and scurry out of the car. I hear him yell for me, but I kept my head down and tried to avoid everyone. I sit through eight painful classes, with the same boring lectures, and lessons. This day has been nothing but dreadful.  I mess up a perfectly good 30 minutes with the love of my life because I’m too shy to talk to him. Words come out but they aren’t the words I want! Wait..? What? The love of my life? I did NOT just say that did I?

~

I walk to the large coffee shop, which I call my work. I’m so tired. Business is dead right now so I pull out my phone and ignore the unread text messages. I find myself on Twitter. My whole feed is full of the same things. What the…

@Supercat12: OMG One Direction are in town! OUR TOWN! Oh my god, time to get the duct tape! @OneDirection

@lindseystyles: HOLY SHIT. Harry Styles, and The Boys are coming to OUR town! Follow Me Harry! @HarryStyles.

@kevintheshark: I will find you One Direction. You WILL have my children @OneDirection

What the actual fuck? Who is “One Direction”..? I don’t have time to look them up because as soon as I do, a customer comes in.  Not just a customer. No, no, no. Five VERY ATTRACTIVE customers. Take a deep breath, Kate. This is not normal for this town. I’m lucky if I see one hot guy, let alone five all at once. Act calm. Act calm. Act calm.

I smile gingerly, standing up straight. “Welcome guys, what can I get for yo-   I can’t even finish before I make eye contact with a beautiful brown haired boy. Wow. Is this real life? I can’t help but noticed his birth mark. How odd.

I snap back into reality when a blond waves his hand in front of my face. “You okay miss?” he giggles. Oh shit.

“Heh, sorry, Ahem, What can I get for you guys?” I say clearing my voice this time.

The curly haired boy slowly responds “Erm, I’ll take the large hot chocolate”. He grins at me, which I find weird. Obviously they weren’t from around here. The accent gives it away.

I smile while writing down the orders and proceed to the next cute guy. “And for you..” I ask to the boy with the birth mark. “Just a tea will be fine for me, thank you”. He told me his order while practically staring into my soul. Jesus. Who knew brown eyes could do so much to me?  I walk away and squeeze my eyes shut and take a deep breath.  While I fix up their drinks, I hear them whisper and laugh to each other. Which grabs my attention, yet I can’t quite make out what they’re saying. At this point I’m uncomfortable because I can just tell their looking at me.

I place all of their drinks on the counter and look at them almost with an accomplished feeling. Yeah, that’s right you beasts of sexiness… I made those drinks. Bow down.  The blond one nudges the brown haired boy, with the birthmark and they all giggle. I add up their total and rip off their receipt from the register. I hand it to the brown eyed beast and he asks for a pen. What the hell? A pen? Just leave so I can stop sucking it in. It’s getting painful. I unsurely give him a pen and intently watch him write his number and a side note on the receipt.  They all walk away as a group as I receive a wink from him. I feel my cheeks get red and suddenly the curly haired boy, while being pushed out the door manages to say the following words “ Oi, I’m Arry, by the way.” And the door shuts behind him. Arry? I’m guessing he means Harry. That’s cute. I finally take a deep breath and read what’s on the receipt.

“Would love to see you again, call me. – Liam”  With his phone number underneath.