Chapter 4

Kate's POV

Can this day go by any slower? Dear God. I find my self humming a song when suddenly a distant sound of yelling catches my attention.

I stop moving and proceed to listen.

It's too far away. Ugh. "You know I love Perrie..please.."

I give up, and walk out the shop doors to see a boy on the ground..

While another with a striped shirt is trying to console him.

Wait. That's.. That's Liam.. Those are the guys I just served!

I stand there. Unsure of what to do because this isn't my business.

Harry, I think was his name,was pushing a darker boy away from Liam.

Why was he so angry?

I instantly remember the receipt.

I take it out of my pocket and try to straighten it out.

I slowly walk over to the crying Liam.

Honestly.. This is weird. He's crying on the sidewalk.

I just don't get this.

I kneel down and try to get eye level to him. I'm shaking. What the heck?

I reach out to him and put my hand on his shoulder, while the boy in the striped shirt gives me a re-assuring look.

I use a soft voice and say "Hey.. What happ-.. Why are you crying..?". I can't even form words. He's so attractive even with puffy red eyes. I notice his cheeks are getting red,once he realizes I'm the girl he just gave his number to.

He looks down and says "I messed up.. I-I said something I shouldn't have.. God. I'm so stupid."

I try to comfort him verbally,since I don't know him. I'd normally try and hug someone crying, but not now.

"Shh.. it's okay. You boys look very close,and I'm sure whatever happens will blow over and you'll be back to normal".

I notice three other boys have gathered around, I blush and decide they probably want to know my name.

I clear my throat and stand up while holding my hand out to the blonde one with braces. "I'm Kate.. Nice to meet yo- before I finish I'm engulfed into a huge hug. I see he's not a hand shaker..

Okay..

I do the same to the rest but instead of a hug they decide to shake my hand. Like a normal person would.

By this time Liam's standing up and he looks to Harry with a worried expression.

"Uh.. Where's Zayn.." He asks.

They all look down in unison.

What the hell.. Are they robots..?

Harry mumbles something and all I can catch is "Zayn.. He went back to the hotel..to cool off..he's still upset mate. Sorry."

I have no idea what happened but it really doesn't concern me, I'm just glad I'm this close to a group of attractive men.

Kate! Stop thinking that.

Louis says in a chipper voice "Hey! Atleast you got her name Li! Hahah"

Every glares at him. Can't he tell this isn't the time or place? Jesus.

Niall clears his throat and looks down "I figure we should go back now,yeah? We could all use some sleep. Especially you lad.." He says directing the last part at Liam.

They all agree by nodding. Liam looks at me and gives me a weak smile. "Thanks,Kate. I still want that phone call.. I really would like to see you again.. This just isn't how I wanted our first encounter to be.."

I giggle and hug him. The rest of the boys "aww" and laugh. Making Liam and I both blush.

"Alright I'll do you. I mean, I'll do that. Like.. I'll call you. Tonight. Or. Tomorrow. Heh. Bye!". He just smiles at me.

Awkward...

I wave to them and proceed to walk back into the shop.

I walk behind the counter and jokingly slam my head against the counter. WHY AM I SO SOCIALLY AWKWARD. Whhyyyyyy.

After a few customers it's finally time to close up the shop.

~

I walk home and pull my phone out of my pocket.

I was still curious as to who One Direction was.

I genuinely wouldn't care any other time but if they're in town.. And people are flipping out they must be important.

I type "One Direction" into the search bar.

I scroll through the result and read the short "bio".

Wikipedia: One Direction are a group made up of Harry Styles,Niall Horan,Zayn Malik,Liam Payne and Louis Tomlison. Derived from Simon Cowel's "X Factor", each boy entered separately hoping for a chance to find fame. They were put into a group during the X Factor to perform. Coming in Third, their success and fame didn't stop there. They're now touring the world,and selling millions of albums. Such as "Take Me Home" and "Up All Night". They're the first boy band to have a top-chart song for a whole month in a row, being "What Makes You Beautiful".

My eyes wander over the picture on the left side. I focus on their individual faces and gasp, dropping my phone and covering my mouth.

------------