Essay #2

"For the Broken hearted You"
(The long version)

1 universe, 9 planets, 204 countries, 809 islands, 7 seas, and you met her. For you, it was the luckiest day, thinking you found the one. The girl of your dreams. The girl who keeps your head spinning, and your heart skipping. The apple of your eye and the love of your life. Everything around you seems perfect, as she became your world, your everything.

You love her, she loves you. It was indeed a dream come true. A dream, you say? Why yes it was. In just a snap, you lose her. Your everything, gone like the wind. In a blink of an eye, the happy ending you've once been happily bragging about has been turned into pieces, and your world came crashing down. Then it hits you, as you realized it's not your happy ending with her.

She broke your heart and left you. Broken and in pieces. You asked yourself what did you ever do? Why did she leave you? Was it the protectiveness you have within you? Or was it that you might be lacking effort to make her happy? Was it the lame jokes you tell or the clinginess that might have annoyed her? You asked yourself too many question. But have you really tried asking her? Asked her why she became cold and left you to such despair. Well, obviously you didn't. You were too afraid to ask, to know her reason for leaving you.

"How do you unlove someone?" You asked crying, drinking hard liquors you could buy. You go clubbing and exchanging social activities in order to forget the pain, thinking that it was just a dream. A nightmare, for that matter. You hated the fact that you have to move forward because she will never go back. You can't accept it. You don't want to accept as you go through the denial stage of break up. You're becoming stupid and crazy. Then reckless and stupid enough to beg for her to come back. You pleaded like a dog giving his best puppy dog face, crying your heart out. Telling her how much she means to you, that she is your world and you'll do everything to have her back. But a love that has ended can never go back to the way it was. She pushed you away, telling you the most painful word you don't want to hear. And once again, she left you crying, broken, as the words she said echo to your ears. It was like a slap to your face, like a cut of a knife to your heart, and getting stab a hundred times.

You said you almost thought that your world is full of roses. Maybe you were right. Right about the thought that your world is full of roses, except your roses still has thorns attached to it. You have to wake up. Accept the fact that she's never gonna come back. Let go, give up and move forward.

"We have to let go when we feel we're hurting too much, we have to give up when love isn't enough, we have to move on when things ain't like before, because for sure there's someone out there who will love us even more."

-kcagapin