Critical analysis example #2

Critique of the ABETA Play "The Dancers"

The ABETA Play entitled "The Dancers" was being shown last March 22' 2014 at the Marian Theater of St. Paul University Iloilo. The play shows the story of a family in the midst of financial problem. The father was played by Kent Hankins, a 3rd year student from the ABETA. He portrayed the father really well whom is very lazy and abusive towards his children and wife. Danica Calizo played the role of the eldest daughter in the family who works at a salon, which she has portrayed well earning a lot of reactions from the audience especially to the scene of her hurting her brother, played by Angelo Joshua Andeo. The actors of the said show perform their role greatly which made it seems so real and natural. The lighting was good but the only flaw with this is that the spotlight was moving which was complained from some audience.

The only flaw in the sound system is that the voices of the actors can not be heard in the farther area from the stage. Aside from this, the play start somehow late after the said schedule of time, which is 10:00 in the morning. The play was a success, earning a lot of positive reactions from it's audience.

-KC Agapin