Reflection Paper in Journalism

Journalism has helped me as a writer because since I was able to write about what I wanted to, I put more effort into each article, and each one got better as I did that. My contentment with the organization showed up in my writing, and I am proud of the articles that I had written. It is an amazing experience that had really strengthened my writing and nurtured me as an independent thinker.

The first reason why I joined the Paulinian Publication is that I just love to write. My original love for writing sprouted from a love of creating fiction stories in my head.  I’ve been coming up with stories for as long as I can remember, and as soon as I could write them down, I did. Fiction short stories were all I wrote long ago, and was all I truly enjoyed writing until when I’m about 1st year high school, when an incredible teacher of mine taught me that I also truly enjoyed writing essays.

My final year here in St. Paul U has without doubt been the most productive period of my course and I really feel that my university lectures combined with my extra-curricular experiences has allowed me to develop as a journalist and become a lot more versatile. I feel that I can now adapt my writing style with ease, depending on the publication, and this is down to the diversity of tasks that I have been set throughout my course. I had always been able to write well but I now feel a lot more confident approaching news and feature stories because of the skills I have acquired.

-nonpreficio