Descriptive Essay #2

RAMBU

By: KC Agapin

(Descriptive essay)

The sweetness of his voice, the big chocolate colored eyes, and his golden brown fur was still fresh in my mind. It's almost 7 years since he left us but my memories together with him was still intact in my mind.

It was raining hard when our dog gave birth to five puppies but only one survived. I was only 4 years old that time. I named the puppy Rambu, from the fruit Rambutan, my favorite fruit before. Years have past and Rambu became the best dog for me. He was the sweetest darling I knew. When I came home from school, I always found him sitting infront of our pathway waiting for someone. When he finally see that I'm already home, he will come running to me, jumping and barking joyful. When I went out of the house to buy something in a store, he will come with me. Guarding and protecting me from anything or anyone that could harm me. He even fights back to some dogs who was about to bite me.

As a kid, I was a crybaby because I was always left alone in the house. Whenever he sees me crying, he will approach me with a sad look on his face. He will look at me as if he understand what I feel. He will just sit beside me as if he's waiting for me to hug him. I will tell him why I cried and hug him until I stop crying. I was in grade 5 when I dreamed of him. In my dream, he was sitting beside me just looking at me with his happy set of eyes and then he walked away from me. I didn't understand my dream until my grandma called me telling me he's gone. I felt like it was the worst day of my life. Now I understood what was the meaning of my dream. He was saying goodbye to me. His happy eyes tells me to be happy even though I won't be seeing him anymore.

Some people says that dogs are just animals but for me, dogs are given by God to show me what unconditional love means. He was not my brother but he showed me how it feels to be protected. He wasn't my mom nor my dad but he showed me how it feels to have someone who will be there to stop you from crying. He wasn't human but he was my bestest bestfriend. He wasn't just my pet, he was my love.

[could be a personal essay]