Acceptance

"I think it's in your best interest to go see someone, someone who can help you make the decision. If you are really having trouble, you need someone to give you a perspective that isn't involved in the situation." My mom tells me.

"But I was hoping to get that perspective from you," I whine.

"I'm sorry, I'll make an appointment for a therapist now," She tells me.

I've spent the week stressing out about what college to go to.

I love Sam and I want to be with him but part of me wants to follow through with my dreams.

However I have two dreams pulling me apart.

My dream to go to Yale and get a good career or my dream to find love, and I have the opportunity to have both but not together, so what do I chose?

I asked for some advice from my mother but she just told me to go to a therapist but maybe it's not a bad idea.

She comes back in my room, "Your appointment is at noon on Saturday, so tomorrow," She says and smiles sympathetically.

"Thanks," I say as she leaves.

It's about 3pm, I just got home from school and should be making my way to the diner now.

Everything has been really depressing lately because I want to enjoy my time with Sam but I can't help but think I might CHOSE to leave him and it makes me sick to think I would chose a school over him.

~After work~

"Hey babe," Sam says as he comes up behind me and hugs me.

"Hey! How did you get in here! I thought I locked the door! We closed!" I said laughing.

"I waited for one of your coworkers to leave and snuck through the door after them," He says and smirks.

"Ahh," I say and I kiss him in the lips.

"Let's get out of here," He says and grabs my bag for me.

I turn off all the lights and close up.

He pulls me into his car.

"Hey wait, my car!" I say as he starts to pull out.

"It's fine, I'll get it for you later," He says and we drive off.

I sit back and laugh.

"What's so funny?" He asks me.

"How simple everything is right now," I say and realize that maybe I've made a decision of where I want to go, I just don't want to admit it because it means I have to lose Sam.

Maybe I'm overreacting, we can always try long distance and we can always see each other over breaks.

"Jenna?" Sam says pull me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry sorry," I say and sigh.

"Listen we need to talk," He says and I don't respond for minute until he stops the car at the local park.

"I know," I say and I immediately get tears in my eyes.

"You need to make a decision right now," Hey says and I look up at him in confusion and anger, I shouldn't have to.

"Are you making me chose?" I say in anger.

"No." He pauses and sighs, "You have to go to Yale, Jenna," He says and my anger turns to disappointment.

"But-" I start until he cuts me off.

"No, I don't want to be the reason you aren't going to your dream school, I don't want to be holding you back. As much as I want to spend all my time with you, I can't live with that guilt," He says and looks down at his hands.