Part 17

January 21, 2017

~Jade's POV~

"This is my heartbeat song and I'm gonna play it
Been so long I forgot how to turn it up, up, up, up all night long
Oh up, up all night long

You, where the hell did you come from?
You're a different, different kind of fun
And I'm so used to feeling numb
Now, I've got pins and needles on my tongue
Anticipating what's to come
Like a finger on a loaded gun

I can feel it rising
Temperature inside me
Haven't felt it for a lifetime

This is my heartbeat song and I'm gonna play it
Been so long I forgot how to turn it up, up, up, up all night long
Oh up, up all night long

This is my heartbeat song and I'm gonna play it
Turned it on
But I know you can take it up, up, up, up all night long
Oh up, up all night long (all night long)"

I sing with the music on the background. I use my brush as a microphone, dancing and singing along, jumping up and down on my bed. Since this song started, the first thing that popped into my head is my past relationship. I remember how he broke my heart. I remember when I stop believing in love anymore. And then someone came along.

"I, I wasn't even gonna go out
But I never would have had a doubt
If I'd have known where I'd be now

Your hands on my hips
And my kiss on your lips
Oh, I could do this for a lifetime"

I twirl around, hitting the high note of the part. I stop once I notice a figure on my open window. I walk towards it and notice that it is Mr. Dallas. His brown eyes lock with my dark brown ones. My heart begin to beat faster than usual and I can feel the heat come across my cheeks. He nods his head slightly, gesturing me to continue singing. I shake my head but gestures me again to continue. I smile a little and continue the upcoming part.

"Until tonight I only dreamed about you
I can't believe I ever breathed without you
Baby, you make me feel alive and brand new
Bring it one more time"

The whole part, my eyes are lock with his. He didn't break our eye contact. He's looking at me with a smile on his face. A cute smile, he only often does. I swear if there is no music on, he can hear my heart beat pumping against my chest. I finish the song, without our eyes breaking one another. I smile once the song finish. I bit my bottom lip. I walk out of the window, walking to the roof. I gesture for him to come out. He smirks at me as he walk out of his window. He climbs the tree that is separating our houses and hop out. He approach the roof of my house, sitting down beside me on the blanket my brothers set up when I was little.

"Hey," I say, as he rests his head on the pillow.

"Hey," he says back. "You're a really good singer."

"Thanks," I say, looking down to my hands. "Hey! That's the first compliment you've ever given me."

"Cherish it," he responds. "I don't do that a lot."

I giggle slightly. Silence spread between us after that. And I know I need to break it.

"About this morning," I start off, breathing in and out and he sit up beside me. "I'm sorry if I shouted at you. It was just really weird for me to spend a night with someone else, especially a guy... and a teacher."

"It's cool," he slightly laugh, placing his hand behind me.

"But," I slowly say, pulling my legs in front of me. "Do you really believe the things I said to you last night?"