Part 35

March 1, 2017

~Jade's POV~

Half an hour later after school, Cam met up with me at the parking lot. We were thinking that we should investigate Ms. Coleman today. I have a strong feeling it could be her but the other feeling doesn't seem to agree. I guess, we just have to figure it out.

Cam recites the plan that I'm not involve with. The plan was good because I don't have to talk to her. I just got to listen.

I hide behind the walls of lockers, close to her room, while Cam knocks on her door. There is a moment of silence until I heard the door open. Her pitchy high voice echoes across the hallway.

"Hey, Mr. Dallas, long time no see," she says and I can feel the smile on her voice. "Come on in."

When I heard the door close, I step away from the wall of lockers and lean against the wall close to her room. The door isn't close properly so I can hear them talk.

"So, what have you been up to?" she asks, and I roll my eyes at the excitement in her voice.

"Oh, you know, nothing much," he replies in a monotone voice. "I just came here to ask you if you wanted to go to dinner with me tonight."

Hearing him ask her that totally sadden me. What if I did hear him ask her that without this being all planned? What would I feel? I know for sure, I'm not leaving my room ever again.

"I have to say no to that."

Her answer took me by surprise. Did she seriously just say no? Wasn't it like a few weeks ago when she told me to back off Cameron, that his her. Then why would she say no?

"What?" Cameron asks, taking him by a surprise too.

"I can't go on a date with you if I have a boyfriend."

"You have a boyfriend?"

"Yes, we started dating like three weeks ago but I knew him long enough that he was my best friend back then. We really didn't see each other in that way but when we did, I'm really happy. I want to stay with him for as long as I can, which he calls it 'forever'."

Well, I guess she's off the suspect list then. If she was the one, she would've told him already. She wouldn't have been in a relationship right now if he likes Cameron, which she doesn't. And I feel relief that she doesn't have anything to do with ruining my relationship with Cam.

Ms. Coleman

Aaron

Shawn

Erin

Nash

Sophie

Matt

Four suspects down, three more to go.

••••

The next day of school after our great investigation from Ms. Coleman, I decided to investigate Matt. I still have him for Math and I sit in front of him so it would be great to do a research on him if his the culprit behind the video.

Now that I think about it, the days I've been at school, he's been acting all touchy on me while I tried to stay away from him.

But how could it be him though? He doesn't even know me until the day after my dad stopped me from seeing Cameron. He couldn't have known me before, could he?

"You figure out who sent the video to your dad yet?" Erin asks me as I stop to her locker.

"No, but we're soon going to figure it out," I reply and she nods her head before popping in her head to her locker, trying to find something.