Lilac

Akashi's P.O.V.

I laid back on my chair with a huff. Finally, after a couple of hours, I was finally done with my work. My palms were throbbing. My hand went through my hair as I sat back, enjoying the feeling of temporary freedom. I stared at the ceiling and tried to fall asleep. 

But I feel restless.

My eyes darted to the door, expecting a certain someone to go bursting it open. Her face plastered with a wide smile and her voice full of excitement. She would come here just to pester me again about something that she has discovered, which was often times, fun.

Just like yesterday...

~

'Akashi! I need you to come with me, I found something interesting!', you enthusiastically opened the door. He replied with in a slightly annoyed tone. 'Go away, I'm busy.' You took a step closer to him, your hands on his desk. "But it's really fascinating!", you whined. His attention perked up, he would gladly take on anything rather than his current task, which was awfully boring. "Just take Aomine with you.", he returned back to his work. 

"But I only want you to see it.", your eyes hinted melancholy.

Was it really that important?

~

"It's here!", you pushed away the bushes on your path, small leaves were stuck on your hair. Once his gaze was averted from you, he saw an old building with 3 floor. It looked like an abandoned school. 

Seiyen Elementary School

The dusty plaque attached to the gate wall was encrypted with these words.

Wallflowers and vines crept on the structure, covering the dark red bricks with a lush green color. The unwanted plants reached the roof. The windows were covered with dust, which seemed untouched for years. Faded announcements written on paper were posted on the entrance. 

"Interesting. Now if you'll excuse me, i'll be going back--"

 "Let's go inside!", you ran and grabbed his hand, preventing him from protesting any further.

He stared at your running figure as he dragged you along. Your enthusiasm was now affecting him in a weird way, the feeling made him want to go anywhere with you.

In midst the old papers that covered the entrance was a newspaper cut out. 

'37 children were killed inside Seiyen Elementary School due to the magnitude 7.5 earthquake that shook Kyoto on January 6, 19XX. 20 were killed during the phenomenon while 17 died while waiting for the rescuers to arrive. The principal, due to great distress, was forced to shut down the school completely.'

~

"How did you even find this place?", he started as you two walked on the old pavement, the smell of old books lingered throughout the place.

 "I was following a cat, but then it led me here.", you said with your back facing him as you continued to walk, your head slightly bent downwards. He only hummed in response.

It felt weird how everything that was happening right now made him feel relaxed. The gentle tapping of your shoes was the only thing heard along with the creaking of wood, while the corridors were lit up by the large dusty windows that almost covered the wall. The light rays of the sun were slightly covered by the tall trees outside, giving the inside a relaxing hue of orange.

His eyes wandered back and forth, taking in every little detail such as the few indoor shoes left on the shelf and the cracked tables which belonged to the children who have studied here. His red irises took a good hard look at the white melted wax near the doorway of every classroom, it was peculiar.

But then he noticed that you were still holding his quite rough hand. You warm grasp never faltering. He gave your hand a gentle squeeze. Thinking that it was a sign of discomfort, you released his hand. Which caught him off guard, but he remained silent. 

~

The two of you continued to walk further, but this time Akashi was leading. You stared at the back of his head as you smiled. Your plan of making him relax was going smoothly.

 He suddenly stopped which made your nose slightly nudge his back. He scanned the perimeter. The wall was almost gone and the fallen debris made a natural obstacle course made out of brick and blocks of cement in front of you. Ferns and moss was stuck in between the cracked floor. It looked like it came from a dystopian universe. 

"It looks like a dead end Akashi, I think it's time we head back.", you spoke. 

"I want to see the end.", before you could even speak again, he has already climbed on top of the leveled platform. He turned back to you and offered his hand. You grabbed his hand as he hoisted you up. But suddenly you heard a sound.

It was the sound of crumbling cement. 

You inwardly cursed yourself for being an idiot and dragging Akashi along with your stupid plan as your feet no longer touched anything and you felt yourself falling down back wards. Fear consumed your whole body in a matter of milliseconds.

Nothing else mattered at that time. So you quickly held onto anything that could save you, and that 'thing' was Akashi's arms.  You were going to weigh down on him, but it didn't matter. You clung onto him for dear life, never wanting to let go ever again.

Slowly you felt yourself leaning forward.

'______'

 His warm breath was on your ear. One of his hands were placed securely around your waist, the other was placed on the back of your head, your face nuzzled on his shoulder. His back heaving in a slightly heightened pace. Then, he made something which was truly unexpected.

He laughed, pulling you tighter.

"I never knew you could be such a scaredy cat.", his oh-so soothing voice spoke. He squeezed lightly, his hair caressing your cheek. The beating of your heart resonated inside your head, maybe it was because of the near-death experience a second ago or maybe the fault lies on the charming being who was whispering on your ear!

 His warmth slowly disappeared as he let you go. 

"I think that's enough for today, let's go back.", he said. 

~

The whole trip home was comfortably silent. An ever present smile was adorned on his feature throughout the day. Whilst your face was redder than the setting sun. 

(A/N: 1 am here uguuuu. My first draft suddenly disappeared when I reloaded the page so I had to rewrite everyythinggggg. So I'm sorry if you wouldn't like this one v.v

A/N 2: I forgot a lot of details so I decided to rewrite some of it again. here you go! :D)