Yellow Hyacinth

Summer was going to come soon, the humid air says so. Sweaters were already hidden deep inside the closet, only to be taken out after another season. Female students began to wear thinner and cooler uniforms, allowing perverts to see through their covers. For once, the streets weren't littered with stray cats, they stayed under the cool shade provided by the many trees scattered alongside the road. And if you look closely, you can see a subtle haze forming above the metal roofs.

It was truly a menacingly hot day.

But not as menacing as your glare at the brunette who was drooling over her seatmate. If looks could kill, the school would've held a funeral right now. How could you not be angry, Hanekawa was latched unto his arm, like a pest. The fact that Akashi was doing absolutely nothing put more wood to the blazing inferno inside of you.

As if feeling the wrath coming from you, he turned his head towards your direction. And in a flash, you showed him the most convincing smile you could muster. He furrowed his eyebrows and returned to Hanekawa who was calling his name again. Your face scrunched up, but this time you managed to look away. 

Just then your P.E. teacher asked for everyone's attention.

"Before I go, I have to announce that the school's summer festival is coming up soon. Every class should have a unique booth, two classes having the same program is strictly prohibited. So I suggest you send a form as quickly as possible. Are there any more questions?"

The whole class began to whisper to each other, they were really excited about this festival. Even though it was just a couple of booths and a pageant for 'Mr. and Ms. Summers', it was boring as hell. 

"You guys can plan your booth with your class representative. That's all class, i'll be taking my leave-"

Hanekawa raised her hand. "Uhm, when can I sign up for the Ms.Summer contest?"

"Hm, I'm not really sure about that. You'll just have to ask your homeroom teacher about it.", the older male said before finally closing the door.

"Ne~ Sei-kun, I could win that contest right? And you can be my escort!", Hanekawa turned to Akashi who returned a small smile. 

"Of course you can...", he patted her head. "but I'm not really sure about that 'escort' thing, I'm not fond of those kind of competitions."

"Eh? Aw, come one Sei-kun!", she pouted at him.

"I'll think about it.", he heaved a sigh. 

You buried your face within your arms, covering your irritated ears. You didn't need—no —you didn't want to hear about how Hanekawa and Akashi was skyrocketing off their 'friendly' relationship whilst you were completely left out, eating dust. It was really painful. 

"Come on Sei-kun, please? Do it for me."

Truly painful.

"Alright, it wouldn't hurt anybody after all."

"Wouldn't hurt anybody? As if, you jerk."

"Yay~ Thank you Sei-kun!"

"Go to hell, both of you.", you thought as your tears fell down unwillingly. Soon enough, you began to fall asleep.