08 ❂

- beep beep beep . the alarm kept ringing and desdemona groaned , slowly perking up and taking a glance at the clock . 11:53 am .

" oh it's still early , i have a long day ahea- shit the meetup with oscar ! " desdemona shot up from bed and let out a deep breath .

" i still have like 7 minutes , plus i don't think he'd mind me being late for a little while . " desdemona thought out loud and slipped on a scotch plaid flannel shirt with pale blue denim hotpants shorts .

as she was grabbing her purse , she took a look at her phone and it was 12:11 pm .

...

while on the other end , oscar was there at exactly 12 o'clock . he waited and waited , he tapped his foot on the floor , but the face he wanted to see was nowhere in sight .

" maybe she lied to me ? she just wanted me to get in all the trouble and be so fucking happy and she doesn't show up . " oscar took a glance at his phone and it was 12:45 , 30 minutes late .

oscar sighed and stood up thinking , " i spend two hours on my hair for her . it took me ages . "

" aye , oscar . where are you leaving ? " desdemona popped out of nowhere behind oscar .

" o-oh nowhere , let's go in , shall we ? " oscar asked and des nodded , walking in as oscar followed in behind her .

desdemona walked in slowly and sat a table at the back end of the restaurant , crossing her arms against her chest .

" is this where you wanna sit ? " oscar asked desdemona and she nodded , taking a seat as oscar sat down in front of her .

" yep . i'm sorry i'm late , woke up at 11:53 . do yo- " desdemona explained the reason she was late and oscar stopped her , managing a little smile .

" it's okay , you're forgiven . " oscar reassured desdemona as the waiter arrived and distributed the menus to them both .

" why did you think i was going to ask for forgiveness ? i was simply gonna ask you if you had a lighter , emboaba . " desdemona laughed and raised her eyebrows at the attractive young man in front of her , as he flushed with embarrassment .

" i actu- " oscar reached in his pockets but a young man behind her table borrowed her one .

" i never asked you , but thanks random dude . " desdemona shot that award winning smile and lit her cigarette and returned the lighter .

oscar licked his lips , knowing this "date" is a terrible idea . but was it worth it ?

desdemona read through the menu , as oscar watched her focusing carefully .

" i'll get coffee , and you choose the sandwich so each of us get a sli- oscar are you with me ? " desdemona waved a hand in front of oscar's face , as oscar was lost in his daydream .

" what ? with you ? " oscar was so lost in his thoughts about desdemona he didn't know this was reality .

" i mean are you focused with me ? " desdemona laughed , tilting her head so that she was looking at oscar , her attention on him .

the waiter arrived to their table and asked if they were ready to order . desdemona looked at oscar then the waiter before speaking to the waiter .

" one turkish coffee , and a chicken pesto sandwich . it's a big sandwich right ? yeah , that'll be all . thanks . " desdemona told the waiter and he wrote it down , and when he left , desdemona looked at oscar .

" this is millionth time you got lost in your daydream , emboaba . what is it ? " desdemona grinned and glanced back at her and shook his head .

" oh it's nothing . what's your last name , desdemona ? " oscar asked , concerned as he sat himself properly .

" ondska , it means evil in swedish . and my name is greek , meaning unlucky , and misery . " desdemona replied to the question and stared at oscar for a second .

" that's a unique name , did you pick it or- " oscar knitted his eyebrows together and des shook her head .

" my parents named me that , actually . i'm guessing i was some joke to them . " desdemona shrugged and oscar felt a little bad , no not a little , he felt seriously bad for her .

" who do you live with ? and does any family member know you ? " oscar asked desdemona and got closer to her .

" i live with that guy i was with , the one who gave you my number ? and no , no one ever came to me . so again , they left me because i was a mistake , named me some horrible name , and didn't tell anyone about me . " desdemona told and as oscar opened his mouth to speak , the food came and desdemona shushed oscar and laughed melodically .

" shush , the food's here . "

a/n: WAYHAY NEW UPDATE WOO , i think this is the longest chapter so far wowza . aND DESDEMONA's sassiness is literally me bc i have done that before lmaoo . anyways i hOPE you liked this chap as much as i did . vote and comment and whatever , cHEERS . love youuu.
- farah x