My big redneck wedding

Miranda's pov

"Hey, Eric, I've got a favor to ask." I say. "Anything baby, what's up?" He asks. "I don't want my dad walking me down the aisle because I don't like him. I was wondering if Jason could do it." He's totally caught off guard. "Sure I guess. If he doesn't mind."

Jason's pov

Eric calls asking me to come over. Probably something to do with being the best man. I drive over there. Eric and Miranda are out front with Lizzie in Eric's arms. "What's up, man?" I say, closing the truck door. "Well, you know how my dad's an asshole right?" She asks. "Yeah, he was the jerk who almost punched you while you were pregnant, right?" I ask. She nods. "That's the one. Well I don't want him there." She says. I smirk. "You want me to be security huh?" I pretend to act tough. We all laugh. "Actually if you were okay with it, I was wanting you to walk me down the aisle." She says. I'm totally caught by surprise. I look at Eric, trying to tell if they're joking. He's got his super serious face on. This is no joke. She's serious. "I'd be honored to walk you down the aisle." I answer bowing. "Thanks Jason, it means the world to me!" She cries, hugging me. "Of course what are friends for?" I reply, patting her back. Eric tosses a beer to me and we both drink and talk about the wedding. She goes inside to take care of Lizzie. "What if her dad comes anyway?" I ask. He shrugs. "If he starts something we'll finish it." He says, pounding his fist. The door reopens and she has a bowl of popcorn in her hands. "Where's Lizzie?" Eric asks. "Asleep." She says, sitting crosslegged on the ground. "Here babe, you can have my seat." Eric says, standing up. She smiles and sits down. "Aw, a gentleman. So sweet." She teases. He kisses her. "I'm gonna head home, guys." I say, standing up. "Are you sure man, ya just drank a beer." Eric says, grabbing my arm. "I'm fine. It was just one beer." I say, shaking him off. They exchange looks. "Hey, before ya go, ya wanna shoot some pool down in the basement?" He asks.

Eric's pov

I don't want him driving after drinking, even if it was just one beer. "Guys, I'm not drunk if that's what you're worried about." He says, looking at me then her. He shrugs. "I guess I'll play one game. Make you guys happy." He says, chuckling. "Just keepin' you safe." She says, patting his back. He rolls his eyes and we go inside. She puts in some movie and me and him go play pool. "We know you aren't drunk but nobody should drive after drinking even if it's just one." I say. "It's fine." He says, breaking.

*the next day*

I grab my shades and call Luke to babysit Lizzie. Then we go to dinner. "Eric, we're inside. There's no need for shades." She says. I smirk. "You know you love my shades." I flirt, kissing her. "Totally Chief." She whispers. We kiss again. "God, I love you." I gasp. "Take it back home?" I ask. She nods with a devilish grin. She bites her lip then we go to the truck. Easton Corbin's be my love song comes on. "Baby, you are my love song." She whispers, kissing me on the cheek.

*the wedding day*

Luke will be the best man since Jason is escorting her down the aisle.

Miranda's pov

I walk out of the room. "What do you think?" I ask. "You're stunning, darlin'." He says, fixing my veil. "I'm nervous, Jason." I say. "Don't be. This is gonna be the best night of your life." He says. I'm glad he was my escort. He holds out his arm and I take it. My mom opens the door. He walks me down the aisle. My hand is shaking from nerves. "Don't worry about nothin'." He says, stopping walking. "Get up there." He says, pushing me forward. My biggest accomplishment. My shining moment. I take a step forward and the back doors bust open. My mom falling to the ground. "MOM!" I cry. It's my dad. What's he doing here?!

Eric's pov

Me, Luke, and Jason share looks. "Kick him out?" Luke asks. I nod. Jason's already walking back there. I hug Miranda and join him and Luke. "What are you doing here?" I gripe angrily. "My daughter is getting married and she didn't even invite her own dad!?" He shouts. "You're the one who said I was banned from the family!" She yells while crying. I turn back to her. "Oh don't cry baby. We'll get rid of him." I say, turning around to a punch to the face. "Oh damn, that hurt!" I gripe, rubbing my jaw. Luke helps me up. Jason helps her mom to a pew. She's crying too. "What's the plan?" He asks, joining us. "Knock him the fuck out." I growl. "Got it." Jason says, walking over. "I'm sorry sir, but you were not invited to this little get together." He says, clamping a hand on his arm. Of course he fights but Jason is stronger.

Jason's pov

I lock the door behind me in the groom's room. "You ain't goin' in there." I say. "That's my daughter!" He yells. "Sit down! I can knock you into next week and not think twice. I'm missing' my best friend's wedding because of your dumbass." I gripe, "now sit the hell down!" He does. "She put me in charge of keeping you away. She doesn't like you!" "Why not?!" He shouts, standing back up. I shove him back into the chair. "Why? Because you tried to punch her while she was pregnant. You used to punch her!" He tries to punch me but I quickly lay him flat. He's unconscious. I head back out. Apparently they waited. "He's taken care of?" Eric asks. "Unconscious." I mutter. "Now let's get this thing started." I fix my suit and the preacher opens his bible.