marriages, secrets, and Hunter Hayes

Eric's pov

Jason walks out of his tour bus with the biggest smile on his face. "Fun night last night?" I ask. He laughs and shakes his head. "Then what's with the smile?" "Oh that." He calls Taylor. She walks out just as happy. "Meet my fiancé Taylor!" He says, wrapping an arm around her waist. "Wow dude congratulations!" I gasp, surprised. "Hey baby Jason's getting married!" I call.

Miranda's pov

"Hey baby, Jason's getting married!" I hear Eric shout. My head shoots up in surprise. I finish getting dressed and run out there. "Really?" I gasp. Taylor shows me the ring. "Oh my gosh!! This is so cool!" I gasp. Jason laughs. "I gotta get ready for the show. See ya soon baby girl." He says, kissing Taylor. Eric does the same to me then both boys go backstage. Me and Taylor lock eyes. We both squeal in excitement. "You guys are like the perfect couple. I'm so excited." We spend the next three weeks planning Jay and Tay's wedding. The banner even says Jay and Tay together forever. I'm exhausted now. I sit on the couch in Tay's dressing room as she works on the dress. I slowly fall asleep.

*10 minutes later*

Jason's pov

Taylor said Miranda fell asleep in her dressing room. That poor girl has been running herself ragged preparing this wedding. Eric just shakes his head. "I'll go get her." I say, walking back there. When I open the door, she looks like she's having a nightmare! I run to the couch and shake her awake. "Ahhh! Get off me!!" She screams. "Honey, calm down, it's me Jason!" I gasp, holding her arms down as she swings at me. "Oh jeez, I'm sorry Jay." "It's okay, hun you okay?" She nods, taking a deep breath. I bite my lip. "Was it... About your dad?" Her eyes get wide. "Y-Yeah how'd you know?" "Oh uh... You mumbled no dad get off me." I lie. She gets up, fixing her hair in the process. She turns back around to me with a smile. "You ready to get married?" I smile and nod. "See ya on the altar." She said, walking out. I look at myself in the mirror. Poor girl, having nightmares about her dad.... Raping her. It breaks my heart. She's such a sweet girl. I take a deep breath and take my place on the altar.

Miranda's pov

Ugh, I can't believe Jason saw me having one of my dad dreams. At least he doesn't know what it was about. He gives me a reassuring smile and I give him a thumbs up. I hold back laughing. He couldn't even ditch the cowboy hat for his wedding. He tilts it to mess with me as if he knew I was thinking about it. I roll my eyes. Then the door opens and out walks my wonderful sister and my best friend's bride. She walks down the aisle and stands beside Jason. I can see the tears in both their eyes.

*after*

"Ya did great cowboy." I say, playfully punching his shoulder. He smiles and rubs it, his cheeks reddening. I try to contain my laughter. Eric offers a hand. I smile and we go onto the dance floor. My head on his chest. I can feel my rapid heartbeat. "What's wrong baby?" He asks, obviously feeling it too. "I had another bad dream and Jason woke me up." I mumble, "It's still fresh in my mind." He smiles. "Your dad can't hurt you anymore." He says, firmly. "I know. Thanks." I say, hugging him.

*later*

Jason wants to dance with me. I wave to Eric and me and Jason go onto the dance floor. "Thanks for everything." He says. I laugh. "You're thanking me? I should be thanking you." He shakes his head. "Without you, I wouldn't have Taylor. I do know about your dreams though." He says, looking away. What? "I felt bad lying to you earlier. I do know about what your dad did." I stare at him shocked, backing away. "W-Who told y-you?" I whimper. "Eric. You aren't mad are you?" "Well.... Not really.... Just surprised... I didn't want anyone to know that." I shouldn't be so mad though. Jason's my closest friend. He won't tell anyone. "I just... I feel like Eric should've asked me before telling anyone." "Please don't be mad at him." I sigh, gripping my arms. "I'm not." I mumble.

Jason's pov

I shouldn't have even told her. Something tells me it isn't true. She is mad. But at who? Me? Eric? "Darlin', I know that's not true." "I'm not mad. Just leave me alone." She says, walking away. Uh oh. I walk after her. "Are you gonna be okay?" "What part of leave me alone, do you not understand?" She runs out of the reception hall and I feel horrible.

Miranda's pov

I cry hysterically in the dressing room. A knock at the door. "Jason, just go away. I need to be alone for a minute." "It's not Jason." "Oh." It's Taylor. "What's wrong?" She asks, opening the door. "Eric told Jason about my damn dad..... And what he used to do." Her eyes go wide. "Jason's your best friend. He won't tell." I sigh. "I know. It's not that. It's just-" Another knock at the door. This time it is Jason. "I promise I'm not mad at either of you. Just upset that he told you without my permission. I know you aren't gonna tell anyone. It's just.... I don't like people knowing. It's embarassing." He sits beside me and hugs me. "It shouldn't be." He says. "What? What do you mean?" I gape. "You shouldn't be embarrassed. It wasn't your fault. It was out of your control." "Man, you always know what to say." I say, smiling. He smiles too. "I'm just glad ya ain't mad at me." "Of course not. It's not your fault either." We all share a good laugh. "Now come on let's party like we just turned twenty one." Jason exclaims jumping up. We both look at him the bust out laughing. He shrugs and laughs. "What? that Hunter Hayes has more talent than this town realizes." I roll my eyes. "Keep tellin' yourself that cowboy." I mutter, shaking my head. "What? You don't like him?" I shake my head. "Not a fan. No offense." He shrugs. "None taken. Just don't tell Hunter that." He says. We all laugh again then go back out to the party.