Rubber Duck

You went to school today with mixed feeling. This morning when you woke up you prayed hard that you're sick again so that you can skip another day of school and avoid seeing people you don't want to see. But the odd is never in your favor. Well, you could have lied to your mother but it would only make you a traitor to yourself. So here you are standing in front of the door to your classroom. With a deep breath, you twisted the door knob and slide open the door. 'Just another day of my twisted life.'

You stepped in and right at that moment, you sensed a of group of angsty teenagers shooting their glare at you. You spotted that girl among the girls so you braved yourself to walk toward the hungry pack.  

"Kaname-san, I'm so-"

She left the place with a 'hmph' before you finished your word. The group dispersed so you were left there standing like and pole frozen like an idiot.

"Move out, [L/name]-san. You're blocking my way!"  A girl with thick make up who look just like a bimbo appeared from the back and pushed you aside.

There's a strange sensation in you that made you felt the urge to push her back but you shut it down and acted like how a normal person would do, return to the seat quietly. 'It's okay. Everything's gonna be fine. One day they'll treat me like a friend. It's okay, [F/name].' You tried to comfort yourself. 

That's how pathetic you are. Blinding yourself from the ugly truth of human nature. Hoping for miracle to happen. Just like a kid who believes in fairies and world peace. There's no such thing, my friend. Human will always be human. They care for no one but their own selves. You knew it well, you just don't want to accept it.

The bell rang and it's time for lunch. You walked your way to the usual place but halfway there you saw Kaname alone at the hallway. 'Maybe I can try to talk to her again.'

"Kaname-san, I'm sorry for not helping you with your assignment. I fell sick suddenly yesterday. I'm so sorry."

"Keep that sorry for yourself. It's useless. I got myself a scold from the teacher and extra work. What do you know? You never got scold before, right? Ah yes, You're the apple of the teacher's eyes who never do a single mistake. That's why the teacher treat you special and always talk about how good you are, how smart you are. You love all the attentions you got from the teacher aren't you?"

"That's not true! I don't want all the attentions and praises. I just want to be good enough so that I can help my friends who need me. That's all."

"Friends? Who's your friend? Heh. Stop dreaming, missy. No one wants to be friends with you. We hate you and we sick of your goody-two-shoe act." 

With that, a splash of cold water hit your face and bring you back to reality. Every single words she said pierced through your heart. Your eyes start to tearing up. The girl pushed you hard as you feel like falling but a man blocked her and got pushed instead of you. You felt his back pressed on you so you opened your eyes and look. Guess who?

"Midorima-kun! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that to you." Kaname uttered nervously.

The man didn't say a word. He threw a death glare to her and sent her off running. Pushing his glasses up his nose bridge, he dragged you to where there's no one around. [Think of somewhere you like]

You didn't bothered by him as you're busy crying your eyes off. That words the girl said really got into you. After all the hard work you did, all the fake and lies you did to yourself seems useless. No one ever appreciate your effort. They were only using you to their own benefit. True friends will never exist.

"Why do you like to cry so much? It's annoying, nanodayo." The man's word made you snapped.

He's the last person on earth you want to see right now. And to make it worse, you're crying in front of him. "Go away. I hate you, you evil frog master!"