Injuries

"Guys, meet Kaname-san!"

You pushed Kaname forward as you reached the couple of men. Both of them looked at you with a surprised face.

"Hello there, nice to meet you!"

"Hi, Kaname-san! Nice to meet you too." Takao greeted cheerfully.

"Shintaro-kun, say hi to Kaname-san." You ordered Midorima who wasn't paying much attention to the girl.

"Hi." Midorima replied unwillingly. He wasn't happy with the presence of Kaname, and it shows clearly.

"What's wrong with you, Shintaro-kun?" You gazed at the man furiously with your hands on your hips.

"It's okay, [L/name]-san. Let's eat. I'm starving already."

All of you started to enjoy the delicious food merrily except for Midorima. He was quiet all the time. More quieter than usual.

"So you guys were classmates during middle school? Kaname-san tell me, how was Shin-chan back then?"

"Hmm. He's just the same person as he's now,but with the lucky item thingy."

"That's boring! Come on, tell us something embarrassing about Shin-Chan."

"Tch." Midorima flinched sending Kaname a chill down her spine.

"Shintaro-kun, tea?" You showed the half empty thermos to him. 

"Let me pour it for you." Kaname interjected and tried to snatch it from you that you jerked and spilled the hot beverage on Midorima's hand. The three of you held your breath before everybody went screaming in panic.

"Are you okay, Shintaro-kun??"

"I'm so sorry! I'll clean it for you." Kaname reached to wipe Midorima's hand but was stopped by him.

"Don't touch me. I don't need your help, nanodayo."

"But.."

"Shintaro-kun, come with me." You grabbed his arm and dragged him to the school's clinic. 

The nurse wasn't there so you have to treat him on your own. After treating his burnt hand, you helped him to tape his fingers. The four eyed tsundere didn't mind at all. He just stared at you as you're busy mending with his hand. 

"Why are your hands so big? They're like giant." You continued your never ending mumbling.

"Why are you being with her?"

"What do you mean? She's my friend, obviously. Best friend. You better treat her nicely next time or I'll punch your pretty face. I'm not joking."

"Did you forgot what she did to you?"

"Forgiven and forgotten. Everyone makes mistakes. The fact that she's willing to be my friend is the only thing that matters now."

"I know who she is and I don't like her. I don't want you to be near her, nanodayo."

"Give me a thousand reason for that."

"I don't want her to make you cry anymore."

Your hands stopped as you heard that line. 

"Don't worry, Shintaro-kun. I'll be just fine." You smiled to him.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm not worried or what. I just hate seeing that ugly face of you crying, nanodayo." Midorima stuttered as he pushed his glasses up to cover his blushing face.

"There you go! Nice and neat." You tied a bow to end the tape.

"It's not neat at all, nanodayo." Midorima gazed at the loosely wrapped fingers.

"You're so mean! I put a lot of effort on it. Thank me at least." 

"Thanks." Midorima said slowly.

"I can't hear you."

The tall guy leaned closer to you and whispered to your ear. "Thank you, [F/name]."

"Y-you're welcome. Let's get back to the others." You walked quickly in front of the man to avoid him from listening to your racing heartbeat. 

~~~~~~~

Making friends in a new place is hard. It is harder than the study itself. Luckily I found few people who also love anime. Then we started to tell about our baes. They think I'm weird because I love Shin-chan. TT.TT

Whyyyy????

He's handsome and smart and sexy and tall and glasses and everything! Huwaaaaaaaaaaa why couldn't they see??

Shin-chan, I'll always love you no matter what people might say about you. Let them be. We'll find our own happiness together. 

~yunofurumiya