Is She That Dumb?

"[L/name]-san!!! What are your relationship with Midorima?"

"Why did he talk to you?"

"Why did you talk to him?"

"What were you doing with Midorima?"

"[L/name]-san!!"

"[L/name]-san!! Answer us!!"

'Aaaaarrrggggghhh!!!!! Can you girls shut the f*ck up?? I'll punch the daylight out of you if you don't stop it!'

The words in your mind stayed there while you stood in the middle of the crowd, with your hands on your chest and a terrified look on your face. You always wanted to be surrounded by friends but this is something else. Being swarmed by a troop of raging girls is on top of the list of things that you must avoid. Almost all of the girls from your class are now charging on you, shouting at your face. 

"Can I at least sit down?" You said with shaky voice. 

The army of girls dragged you to your seat and made you sit. "We need explanation for this!"

"First, what's your relationship with him?" They sounded like cops doing some interrogation.

"We are friends." Of course you didn't dare to mention best friend to them. You still want to be alive.

"How did you become friend with him?"

"I'm not sure about that." You hesitated. 'I slapped him? That's how it all begins, I think.'

"How long have you guys become friends?"

"Just a couple of weeks."

"Do you like him?"

'Do I like him?' Your heart started to pound. 'NO. No. He's my best friend just like Takao.'

The teacher walks in just in time before you answer the question. The girls dispersed to their respective seats. You let of a heavy sigh. 'Thank you, Karasuma-sensei. You saved me from those crazy b*tches. I'll do something to pay your good deed.'

The rest of the school went on peacefully without any more interruption from those girls. And that's because you ran off to the staff room whenever there's no teacher in the classroom, leaving no chance for the girls to bug you anymore.

~~~~~

Takao and Midorima is in the locker room after practice. Takao could sense something different with Midorima today. He's not like his usual self.

"Hey Shin-chan, no lucky item today, huh?"

"No." 

"That's surprising. What happened to the Shin-chan I knew? Are you possessed by a spirit or something? O Spirit, please return my Shin-chan to me. He is to boring to be possessed by you. I beg you, Spirit!" Takao pretends to pray in front of Midorima who is clearly annoyed by him right now.

"Stop it Bakao."

"So what happened?"

"Someone said to me that they're ridiculous. So I thought I should try to live without them for a day. It's not that I care about what she said or what, I just want to find it out myself nanodayo."

"You finally listening to someone else? That's impressive! So who's the one that changed the stoic Shin-chan?"

"You don't need to know. Mind your own business, nanodayo."

"Do you like her?"

"Maybe. But she rejected me." Midorima uttered softly but loud enough for Takao to hear.

Midorima's mind plays back the scene on the rainy day as he puts on his school uniform.

[ Warning!! Massive playback of scene gonna happen here. If you're allergic to reading the same things over again, you better skip this part. But I bet you gonna miss some point of the story if you do so. I put it in a different POV so the feeling will be a bit different. So, up to you :P ]

Flashback.

Shutoku lose to Seirin with just one point different in the interhigh preliminary final. Midorima was shocked by the fact that he loses to Kuroko, his ex-teammate during junior high. He was very confident that he could win easily against him. 

He was so crestfallen and frustrated that he lost his cool and cried after the game. He went to the second gate of the school which is rarely used by students. Since it is raining, no one will knows that he's crying, just in case if someone sees him. He was sure that no one will be there so he just go on with the blue.

Suddenly, a girl appeared out of nowhere and thrust her face in front of him with an innocent look. He was embarrassed by his state at that moment but he's too brokenhearted to care about it. The girl keeps bugging with him but in the end she went quiet because of lack of respond from him. He thought maybe she left. He was too occupied with himself to give a damn about that girl.

As time passed, he's finally composed himself. He looked to his side and saw that the girl is still there, holding the umbrella for both of them. No wonder he couldn't feel the rain anymore. His gaze falls to her face. She looks so peaceful and soft as she stared to the sky. Her [eyes color] orbs were shining as her thought wanders around. He saw her crying earlier on that day but now she looks totally different. 

The girl caught him looking at her so she looked back at him. He was flustered and he could feel blush creeping on his cheeks so he turned away from her. She asked him a few questions but he ignored her because of his embarrassment. 

"Fine. I get it. I'll go away." The girl said as she started to get annoyed by him. She stepped on her heels and ready to walk away.

Midorima realized that he's going to lose that girl again. He would not let it happen for the second time. He enjoyed her company and he wanted her to stay by his side for at least this moment when he's down, if not forever. 

He gathered his courage to grab her hand and pull her closer to him so that she won't leave his side. He opened his mouth and started to talk about what happened. He told her about his faith in Oha-asa and stuffs. The girl scolded him as a reply. But something from her words made him caught off guard. 

"Did you really mean it? About my shots?"

"Yeah." She admitted that she likes to see his three point shot. He knows his shots are perfect but it's the first time someone ever said that to him. Everything she said made his heart beating faster. Then he realized, he's totally fallen for her. 

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asked, staring straight to her eyes.

She's shocked by the question but then she smiled. "Really? I can be your girlfriend?" She asked in excitement. 

"Y-yeah, if you don't mind. I'm not forcing you, nanodayo." He stuttered. He didn't expect that kind of respond from her.

"Means, no more fighting after this?"

"Yes."

"No more pinching my face, talking to me rudely and calling me names?"

"Yes. Yes and yes."

"Okay. I'll be your girlfriend." With that, she skips away with a bright smile on her face.

Midorima just stood there, with his heart in his mouth, still not believing what had happened. He finally asked her out! His mind was floating on cloud nine until Takao appeared and asked him to have dinner.

He spent the rest of the weekend thinking about how he's going to act and what he's going to say when he meets her. Then, today happened. She said they are just friends. He's not sure whether it's a way of her saying no or she's just dumb. What ever it is, it hurts him. He wanted to make it clear to her but he couldn't seems to do so. He needs time to find the strength to confess to her all over again. Or maybe forget about it and stay as a friend to her. He don't know which one is better. 

'That girl is making me confuse with my own feeling.' He said to himself as he runs his fingers down his silky green hair.