Picnic

"La la la la~" You're skipping your way to the gazebo. It's a new week of school session. It's been two days after you last seen the men. 'How have they been doing? Did they got enough eat? Did they got enough sleep?' Somehow your motherly instinct came out of the blue.

From afar you saw the two friends at the meeting spot. You put your most sincere smile and greeted them. "Takao-kun, Midorima-kun, ohayou!"

"Ohayou, [L/name]-san!" Takao greeted you back. "You look happy today. Did something happen?"

Midorima who was pretending to look at the boys who were playing soccer on the field turned to look at you..

"No. Not really. I'm just excited to see you guys. I made something special today. Fried rice with carrot and frankfurter, carrot cake with butter cream and carrot juice. You better drink it fast when it still chill or it will not taste as good."

The menu made Takao and Midorima jawdropped. "Didn't you said that you hate carrot?" Takao asked.

"Yes. I did."

"So what will you eat then?"

"Don't worry, I'll put them aside from the fried rice later and for the drink I brought green tea for me."

"That is so much job to do. Why did you do this?" Takao is still did not blinking his eyes. He can't believe what he's hearing.

"Um.. Midorima and me are friends now. So I thought it will be better to celebrate it with Midorima's favorite food."

Your words sent them aghast.

"Hahahaha!!! You guys get along? For real? This is a miracle! Thank you, God!" Takao went rolling on the floor, laughing his ass off. [roflhao? new acronym! lol]

"Baka." Midorima uttered as his eyes averted from your face. "They are not my favorite food, nanodayo. I barely eat them." He sounds disturbed. Not because of the carrot thing, though.

"I thought you like it. You look just like them, you know? I'm sorry about that." You became disappointed by his respond. Yeah who would not? After all the hard work and the tasting you had to bare with.

"They're delicious, [L/name]-san! I never eat something like this before. You can open a carrot-themed restaurant with this and Shin-chan can be the mascot. Right, Shin-chan?"

"Shut up Takao."

"It's such a shame that you don't eat them, Shin-chan. I'll finish them off all by myself." Takao grabbed the paper plate in Midorima's hand.

"Who say I don't want to eat them? Give it back to me." He took it back and eat the food like a man. 'They are not as bad as I thought. They're delicious to be honest. She made this specially for me but I did not appreciate it. She must be upset.' Midorima looked at you and saw your gloomy face. He felt guilty for what he done.

You're in your emo state while eating your food when suddenly Midorima took the carrots that were lined up on your plate with his chopsticks. "Give it to me if you're not going to eat it. It's not good to waste food, nanodayo."

"Take them all." You pointed to all the carrots in the rice. He started to pick them one by one until there's no more left. It's amusing to see him doing that. "Thank you." You smiled to him.

There's a slight blush on his cheeks. You keep smiling to him as you wanted to see more but then he turned his head to the other side. 'That's cute. I never seen this part of him before.' You said to yourself.

"Don't ever do this again. It's so much trouble, nanodayo."

"Okay, Midorima-kun. I promise!"

"But they're so good." Takao squealed.

"It's okay, Takao-kun. I'll cook something much much better next time. With no carrot, guaranteed!"

~~~~~

"Midorima-kun, what do want for tomorrow?"

"Just cook whatever, nanodayo. They'll all be tasty if you make it." His words sent you a puzzled look. "It's not that I'm complementing you or what. I'm just saying that-- Never mind."

You smiled to yourself after hearing what he said. But not for long. There's something troubling your mind. So both of you ended up being silent for the rest of the journey to you classroom. Midorima volunteered himself to help you carry all the things from lunch. Which is good because they're heavy. That's the advantage of having friends with strong build.

"What did you mean by saying that we're friends?"

"Hm? Are we not? But you said I can be your girlfriend. It's like being best friend like you and Takao but with a girl, right?" You asked innocently.

"Why are you so dumb?" Midorima facepalmed himself. He don't know what to feel right now.

"I'm very happy when I'm with you guys but still.. It will be really great if I have a girlfriend too." You uttered softly.

"Here's your things. Don't worry too much about stuff like that, nanodayo. You'll make a friend soon." He handed you the heavy bag before ruffling your [hair color] hair as both of you reached your classroom .

"Thank you, Midorima-kun." You smiled to him before he left. As his figured disappeared behind the wall, you entered the classroom with every eyes aiming toward you.

'What had I done this time?'

~~~~~~~

Sorry guys. There's too much carrotness in this chapter~~//slapped//

I ate spaghetti with undercook carrots last few days and I had to throw them away. I felt bad for them. It inspired me write this chapter. Guess what, yesterday I drew Midorima for the first time!! (>_<)/ and it turn out better than I expected. I want to put it in this book but I don't know how. If somebody knows, please do help me!

This chapter is dedicated to SeraphinaCeui. Thanks for voting!! I hope you enjoy my story :)

~yunofurumiya