Chemistry Between Us

It's been a long emotionally and physically exhausting week of the rainy season. You're still avoiding some people in school. Your brain ached from thinking of different excuses everyday. Sick, busy, fasting, name it. You tried everything. Frankly said, it's not that easy to trick people in five consecutive days. They already  started to worry about you. 

"[F/name]-san, are you sure you're okay? Is there any problem?"

"I'm fine, Kaname-san. I'm just too busy nowadays. I need to prepare for National Chemistry Olympiad by the end of this month." 

"You should relax a little. Don't be too stress over it."

"Yeah. I'm trying. Sorry for making you worry."

"So, wanna join us for lunch? Kazu had been asking about you all the time that I feel like tying his mouth with this rope." She showed a string of ropes in her bag. She brought it for decorating the classroom. "I'm sure Midorima would agree with what I'm doing."

"Midorima?" 

"Yes, what's with that frown?"

"You're still calling him Midorima?"

"He didn't let me call him Shintaro. Well, not that I care."

"What? You said you like him."

"I'm done with him. He's just too boring. I already found someone else."

Your jaw dropped as you heard what she said. Just how easy she changed her feeling towards someone blown your mind away. Is love that easy to start and stop?

"So, lunch?"

"No. I'm so sorry. I got meeting for the competition. I promise I'll join you guys next time." You're not lying this time. It's the first meeting with your group members for the upcoming competition.

"Fine. I'll go on my own, again." 

"Sorry." You smiled to her weakly. You felt guilty for her but you can't do anything about it. You cannot break the promise you made with Takao. Not until you find your answer. 

You headed to the library as asked by Fuyuki-sensei, the chemistry teacher. As you stepped into the room, your eyes clashed with a emerald orbs of a particular man. His  gaze was so intense that made your heart lost its rhythm. 'Why is he here?' Well of course, he's a genius why wouldn't he? Now you have to face the consequences from you the stupid things you've done. 

"[L/name]-san, have a sit. We'll start anytime now." Fuyuki-sensei called for you who were standing still at the doorway.

You sat beside Midorima as it is the only empty seat. The discussion started as normal. What's not normal was you, pretending to be busy jotting down what the teacher said words after words whenever you noticed the green head looked at you.

Suddenly Midorima passed a piece of paper toward you. 

'Meet me after this.' 

You pretended not to look at it. That's the last thing you want to do if anything. 

"That's all for today. We'll talk more on this tomorrow." The teacher ended the short meeting and saved your soul from the fifteen minutes of torture. You jumped from your seat to leave the place as soon as possible, leaving everything behind.

~~~~~~~

I'm going to a basketball competition tomorrow!! As a player! I couldn't even believe it. I never even touched the ball before this. I know nothing about basketball until I met KNB. A mountain of thanks to Fujimaki-sensei and all the KNB fanfic writers who gave me the inspiration to try something new in my life. 

It doesn't matter whether we win or not tomorrow coz I already won. Never mind all the aches and bruises on my body. Never mind the time I spent practicing with the team or by myself. I couldn't be happier than this. I just LOVE BASKETBALL SO DAMN MUCH. AND SHINTARO.

Shin-chan, watch me play.

~yunofurumiya