Testing the Limits

"What happened?" Sam demanded in a panic as he hurriedly helped Cas move Dean towards the now vacant sofa.

"Friggin angels man..." Dean spit. "They jumped us as we were leaving."

"They know?" Sam gasped in shock.

"Yeah, they know." Dean hissed, as Sam stared at him.

"Gabriel, we need to put up the wards. Now." Cas snapped sharply as he looked away from the injured Dean.

The archangel nodded curtly at Cas before they both vanished in a fluttering of wings and air.

"Come on Sam, get off of me!" Dean grumbled, trying to push his worried brother's hands away from his face. "I'm fine man, just a little scratched up."

"It looks a like a little more than a few scratches Dean." Sam insisted as he continued to fret over Dean's wounds.

"I'm fine Sam!" Dean said before adding, "I see you're alright too. You've decided to go back to being the jolly green giant."

"Yeah, the whole chick thing wasn't really working out for me." Sam said, ignoring his brother's jab.

Dean arched his eyebrows and said, "Are you sure? I mean, you've still got some pretty long ass hair. Give me five minutes and a pair of clippers-"

"Nice try Dean." Sam said, interrupting his brother.

"You just missed having a dick didn't you?" Dean teased, "I mean you seemed to play the chick roll pretty damn well. Even the personality fit you better."

"Says the one who got himself fucking pregnant." Sam said to shut his brother up.

Dean's smirk instantly fell. His eyes narrowed as Dean gave Sam his best 'fuck you' face.

After a minute of silence Dean said, "That was just cold."

Sam just smirked and pursed his lips, keeping himself silent to bask in the glory of one upping Dean.

Before long Gabriel and Cas both reappeared in the room with a rush of wind swirling around them.

"Dean, are you okay?" Cas exclaimed stepping beside Sam to inspect the battered hunter.

"I've been worse." Dean commented sourly, still pissed from Sam's pregnant comment.

"Here, let me fix you up." Cas said as he reached out to touch Dean's face.

The angel gently brushed Dean's long blonde hair to the side and cupped the bottom of the hunter's soft jaw. Castiel's sharp blue eyes bore into Dean's green ones. As Cas held onto Dean, Sam watched as his brothers injuries healed quickly.

Sam sat there in awe simply marveling at the expression on his brother's face. He had never seen Dean look at someone with that much love in his eyes. It was so very different than the brotherly love he felt for Sam. This was something stronger and purer. There was no denying that Dean and his guardian angel belonged together. It was at this moment when Sam realized just how much the two of them cared for and loved each other.

As he watched the intimate exchange go down, Sam couldn't help but feel like he was beginning to intrude on a privet moment. No matter how much Sam liked seeing Dean happy, that didn't mean that he wanted a front row ticket for a Cas/Dean make out season. Every limb in Sam's body screamed at him to move and leave them alone, but he was sure that any sort of movement would break the moment between them.

All of Dean's injuries were now healed, yet the two of them still didn't break eye contact with one another. It was like they had forgotten that the rest of the world existed.