Chapter 52

Jasmine P.O.V

Ever since Riker gave the news about him having a child I was trying to convince him that it was all going to be ok but he was having his doubts. He didn't know what to do and how he could raise a child.

"What did I get myself into?" he asks with a worried expression as he sits on the couch hugging a pillow.

I get up from the chair and go sit next to him wrapping my arms around him "Look you were sort of like Ross when he found out about my pregnancy and look where he is now" I said with a smile.

He looks up at the ceiling "Upstairs sleeping because of the harsh drinks" he chuckles.

I roll my eyes "No I meant that he is a great father who loves his kids no matter what. Just think about it clearly, Riker you did this to have a kid and that is going to be one lucky kid to have you as a father" I said before hugging him tight.

"Really thank you so much but I just don't know anymore, maybe I should just let them keep the kid" he says with a frown and hides his face in his hands.

I didn't know how to convince him that having a kid was an amazing thing and if he started this he might as well end up with a baby. He wanted kids but now he was doubting himself about the whole situation. Then I got the brightest idea ever.

"I need you to come with me right now" I said with a smile as I grab his hand and I pull him up the stairs.

"Jasmine what are you going to do to me?" he asks chuckling.

I look at him "I'm going to make you feel good about having that lady carry your child" I said as I open the door to the nursery and I grab his hand "You remember all these kids and how everyone was just so please to have them around" I said with a smile.

Riker smiles softly "Yeah mainly cause we thought you would explode since your stomach was bigger then you" he laughs before we stop at one of the cribs and I place Jade in his arms.

"What do you feel when you carry her?" I ask him with a soft voice.

He stares at her and smiles "I feel happy, you know. Like she looks so perfect and everything that its amazing" he says placing a soft kiss to her head.

'That's your niece Riker, imagining holding your own child. Imagining having them close to you, being able to hold them close and seeing them grow up. Those are going to be the best and worst moments in life" I said with a smile.

He nods his head "Okay I guess I understand but then there is the thing about maybe me being the worst parent ever in the world" he says before putting Jade back in the crib and takes a seat on the rocking chair.

"Oh Riker, you are not going to be the worst parent ever, you know how to care for a child, ou know all the basics. In matter of fact you will be well prepared for a kid since well you can practice on all of mine" I laugh "Jace loves you and he's eleven and the little ones are too little to talk but they love you too" I said with a smile.

He smiles and pulls me in for a tight hug "Honestly I swear I'm glad you are in our life cause you keep a lot of us sane. And in a sisterly way I love you" he says with a huge smile.

I smile back and hug him tight "I love you too Riker" I said and then there was a baby cry bursting through the room. I get up and go to Jennifer's crib before picking her up "Here is a good lesson from you, try to calm her down" I said laughing.

He cradled her in his arms and rocks side to side but his actions only make her cry harder "Okay I can't do this" he says as he looks at me with a worried expression,

Ross walks in rubbing his eyes and looks at Riker "What's going on?" he asks as his arm wraps around me and he rests his chin on top of my head.

"I am just teaching Riker how to be a father" I said as I see him continue to rock Jennifer but she just kept crying.

Ross chuckles and takes Jennifer away from him and starts to hum softly making her cries calm down "Maybe you should've told Riker here that Jennifer hates to be rocked, it only makes her want to cry more. So all you have to do is sing to her and just wait for the magic to begin" He says with a wink as the kid begins to calm down.

Riker looks at me then at Ross "Okay then can he teach me how to be a father since he actually is a father?" he says pointing at Ross.

I roll my eyes and look at Ross "Fine, but I'm going to need to change this little baby girl since she is the one with the dirty diaper" I said as I ick her up from Ross's arms and then smell her "Huh?"

"What?" Ross asks as he looks at me and then at the baby.

"Its not her, she isn't the one who smells" I said as I hand her to Riker. I go to the other cribs and finally grab the one baby that was smelling, sadly she was sleeping and I felt too bad to wake her up.

"Oh Jackie, always causing trouble" Ross chuckles as he grabs her and sets her down on the changing table.

I go grab a diaper and once I start to get rid of the old used one she lets out loud cries. "SSHh its okay honey we just need to change your diaper and that's it" I said and then from her crying another baby started to cry.

I look at Ross "We started a war" I said as I finished changing Jackie and started to rock her to calm her down. Slowly it started to work but the cries from Jade were making her unable to go to sleep.

"What time did you last feed her?" Ross asks as he carried the little baby who only had on a diaper.

I started to think about the times I was feeding the kids,  I knew I feed Jace around 8 since that was the time I woke up, I fed Jade around my lunch, "Around lunch time and its only been a few hours since then, do you think she's hungry?" I ask him.

"It's worth a try" he says as he takes Jackie from me and hands me Jade.

I take a seat in the rocking chair and check to see if Jade was hungry but she kept pushing me away "I don't think she's hungry" I said with a worried expression.

Ross grabs her and starts to sing to her hoping that it will work and in a matter of seconds she stops crying and opens her eyes to look at him "There you go princess" Ross smiles at her.

I look at him and I felt my heart warm up more then ever "It can't be that hard to be a father" I said with a soft chuckle.

Riker looks at me and then at Ross "Is it?"

Ross looks at him and shows him Jade "This little baby can't even hurt a fly so last thing you should expect is for it to hurt you. So if I were you I would expect for your child to have great things" he says with a wink.

Riker nods his head and sighs "Okay then, at least lets hope she doesn't end up with four kids" he laughs.

I was worried for him but if he was older then us and having his doubts, why were we so calm about it all? We are still so young and I haven't even been to a club or experienced being crazy drunk, cause everything went down all in one go. And here I was going into Riker's place and doubting what I just started...