11 - There's two sides to every story

Calums POV

We sat in the bedroom silently, neither of us talking to eachother. Michael was gone and neither of us knew if we should go after him or let him have his own time. Me and Luke had pretty much made up and agreed that we were both overreacting when when upset Michael. I felt so bad, I felt like a villan, kissing Luke to hurt Michael. I knew I was hurting Michael, what was I thinking? I kept thinking and thoughts ran through my head. I chuckled to myself thinking what a crush could do to your brain.

That's the funny thing though. I didn't have a crush on Michael.

-

Ashton came into the room and sad on the bed without saying a word. I raised an eyebrow and him as he sat and waited for him to make eye contact or talk, but he didn't. They were at a party and I was sitting on the bed alone trying to figure out how to do something I wouldn't admit I wanted to do to anyone.

"Ashton, are you okay?"

Ashton sighed finally looking up at me with tears brimming in his eyes. I gasped and walked over hugging him tightly.

"What happened? What's wrong?"

Ashton took a deep breath. "I saw Michael and Luke kissing." He frowned. I furrowed his eyebrows and Ashton obviously noticed my confusion and spoke up again.

"I have a crush on Michael..."

I stared at him blanky, my whole body frozen. This can't be happening, I don't want this to be true.

My crush has a crush on someone else.

Yes, I had a crush on Ashton since I walked in that damn door and saw him standing there. I loved his cute personality, the way his face lit up when he got a question right in class, his wavy hair and glasses that made his hazel eyes look beautiful. And now he had a crush on Michael.

Michael would probably like Ashton too, all Ashton had to do was go up and tell him his feelings, I mean, who wouldn't want Ashton? Michael was so lucky. So I wanted to add some competition, something stopping Ashton from telling hid feelings to Michael just for a bit so I can prove that I'm likable too. That maybe Ashton might like me instead. So the first thing that came to mind was:

"I have a crush on Michael too."

Ashton looked up and frowned at Calum. "Y-You do?"

Calum nodded and he could see Ashton getting slightly angered, which is not what he was hoping for. Ashton stood up and ran out of the room and out of Dan and Joeys dorm back to the room.

"You know what, fuck you Ashton!" I screamed following him, mostly because I was mad and I wanted me to be the one he liked, but I pretended it was because he had a crush on Michael and 'so did I.'

"Fuck you too!"

"I liked him first!"

"No you didn't Calum, I did."

"You don't know that! I said before you that I liked -"

Ashton and I closed the door of the dorm to see Luke and Michael cuddling up to each other.

"Oh." I said, slumping in my chair. I was half pleased because if Michael and Luke had something going on it could be my chance to comfort Ashton.

"They're probably just cuddling." Ashton said, more to reassure himself than me.

"Do you know how hard it is to see your crush cuddled up to someone else?" I blurted.

"I am right now Calum! It's not fair! I want to be the one to do that! I wanna make him jealous so he'll come to me and I can reassure him he's the only one I liked, ever."

That sentence really caught my attention. He wanted to make him jealous... Maybe if I helped make them jealous Ashton would realise after a while he wanted me... I could kiss and hold Ashton, and Ashton would only be doing it to make Michael jealous but maybe, just maybe, he'll enjoy as much as I will.

We talked about it for a while too, while Michael and Luke were still asleep.

"So maybe we could date in hope of making Michael jealous." I casually suggested, but my mind was telling him, "Maybe we should date in hope of you realising how good of a boyfriend I could be and maybe fall for me along the way."

It was far fetched, but when you have a crush your body is willing to do anything. Like literally anything.

This whole idea was stupid, I thought, but I was going through with it anyway, and Ashton agreed to act my boyfriend for a while, which meant my plan had started.

-

And that whole plan led to me hurting Michael, kissing Luke for a reason even I can't explain, like, what was I thinking? I wanted to make Michael jealous but I didn't even like him, I just didn't want him liking Ashton. I felt so stupid. Ashton didn't even fall for me, not that I had high hopes that he would, I just wish I knew what I could do to make him like me.

The door opened and me and Luke spun our heads to see Ashton and Michael standing at the door. I stood up quickly and ran over to Michael hugging him tightly. Michael flinched away but I stated there hoping he wasn't too mad, although I'd understand if he was.

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed. "I am so so sorry, I can explain I promise, I don't like Luke okay? He's yours I promise I just, I didn't mean to-" And I just kept rambling on until I heard a tiny giggle beneath me and arms hugging me back.

"That's okay Calum, I forgive you."

"Y-You do?"

"Yes, I promise I do." Michael smiled, that's when I pulled away and stood next to Ashton, nodding my head at Luke to do something.

Luke stood up and walked over to Michael slowly, cupping his cheeks. Michael didn't flinch away or even look away, and Luke leant down and mumbled an 'only mine.' before kissing him softly.

I smiled to myself, glad I didn't break their relationship, but when I glanced over I saw hurt in his eyes. I knew Ashton still had a crush on Michael, so now it was my chance to step in. I needed to forget my crush before Ashton was a friend in need right now. We all needed to forget the drama for a few days because we had had too much of it by now, so I spoke up.

"Who wants to go skating?"

-

Didn't expect Calums POV did you mwahaha :))

What did you think? Would you like another boys POV in the future and if so who's? Ashtons? Lukes? Michaels? Maybe a phan scene? :)

Sorry about my slow updates, I broke my phone and couldn't write until I got a new one ;-;