Wolfe

The first flashback was from six years ago, I was eleven years old. It was of me, when I was actually normal. With a flash of light, the first flashback started. The day was sunny and happy, my brother, Caine, and I were laughing and playing in our front yard, while our mom was watching us while smiling and laughing. Our version of playing was him training me how to do hand-to-hand combat, and for us to spar. We were fighting around the yard, and every once in a while I would be pinned down, signaling that he won. The last part of the flashback showed all three of us laughing and hugging. With that everything flashed bright white and the scene changed to a day I would never forget. I tried my best to escape the flashback, but with no avail. It was a dark and snowy day, five years ago. My mom was taking my brother and I to the gym to go practice fighting. We were walking since we didn't have a car, and while we were walking I saw something in the snow. I picked it up seeing it was some sort of oddly-shaped whistle. I brushed it off and showed my mom and brother. My mom looked at it and gave it back to me. That was when I blew the whistle. I would never forget the sound it made, because it was the sound that left me half deaf. After I blew the whistle my mom and brother were completely deaf. But that wasn't all, because it also called my first monster. Since we couldn't hear anything, we didn't hear the manticore that was sneaking upon us. When I turned around the manticore jumped over my head and attacked my brother and mom. It tore them apart in front of my eyes, I would never stop hearing their muffled screams. I screamed, and ended up shadow traveling for my first time to outside of some in-the-middle-of-nowhere country bar. There was another burst of white light, and once again I was thrown in to another flashback. It was two years after the incident with the manticore. The bar I had ended up at, decided to take me in. That's where I started becoming who I was today. I kept practicing my fighting, learned how to take care of myself, to deal with being half deaf, and worked at the bar for money. The owners took me in as their own kid, but treated me like I was an adult and gave me privacy, no rules, and let me go and do whatever I thought I wanted to do. I became quiet, and secluded. I went to school and was a top student, I worked and got my own salary, and I practiced fighting so much that I was an expert by the time I was thirteen. I served as the bar's bouncer, waitress. The flashback switched to the first day I started working as the bar's bouncer and source of entertainment. The bar had a large fighting cage in the back so the people could come in every weekend and watch a fight every hour of the two days. One day I saw there was a guy about seventeen years old and that was undefeated, who was acting cocky and I was sick of it. I asked another waitress to take of the table I was helping then went to go put on my exercise clothes. When I came back the guy had just beat one of his opposers, and he was being annoying and hitting on any waitress he saw, including me. He walked right up to me and leaned against the wall to my side and put a stupid smirk on his face. "So pretty lady, you want to go get me a drink?" So glare at him and give a smirk myself. "No. I want to go against you in the cage." I respond calmly. He bursts out laughing, along with everyone else, except for the people who worked at the bar who knew exactly what I was capable of. I ignored him and walked in to the cage waiting for him. He looked and saw there, so he followed closing the cage door and locking it. The announcer yelled "FIGHT!" I just stood there waiting for him to come at me. He walked toward me casually and tried.to sweep kick me. I just stepped out of the way and and punched him in the face. He took a step back in shock. Then moved forward again, trying to grab for my throat. I kicked him in the groin, then punched him in the stomach. After he bent forward a bit from the punch, I grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back, then kicked the back of his knees making him fall on to them. I get close to his ear and whisper, "If you ever come back to this bar, I will smash your ugly face into the counter until you can't remember your own name." He nodded quickly and I pushed him forward, making him land with an "umpf" on the floor. I walked out of the cage and smirked when everyone started clapping, hooting, hollering, and cheering. Word travels fast in small towns, so everyone knew not to mess with the bar or me in the future. All of a sudden, once again there was a small flash of light and the flashback changed. It was when I had my first friends. My first friend was one of the waitress' at the bar. Her name was Holly, she liked animals, books, and clique movies. She loved how I would be so protective, if anyone tried to mess with her. But in the flashback I saw the day I lost her. We were walking in the small forest behind a park nearby my school when we heard a few twigs crack. Before I even knew what was happening, a cyclops was running toward us. I jumped out of the way, but Holly was fast enough. It hit her square on, breaking all her bones and killing her. Then the scene moved on to my next friend. His name was Dylan. He was from school, we became best friends in junior year. He liked how dark and mysterious I was. I liked how casual and funny he always was. We were always together, he was also my first crush. Then two weeks before freshman homecoming, we were walking to the bar to drop me off, when he stopped walking for a second. He was 6'5, while I was a measly 5'3, so when he stopped to look at me he had to look down a little. "Wolfe, I wanted to ask you something." I was confused at the time. "Will you...." I didn't hear get to hear what he said next, because an odd noise that sounded like the snorting of a bull came from nearby. From out of the shadows, the Minotaur charged toward us. I didn't move in time, so Dylan pushed me out of the way. But I still got an extremely large cut across my back, and Dylan.... Dylan got stabbed right through his stomach by the Minotaur's horns. For some reason the Minotaur vanished, and I was left with Dylan, bleeding out. He was still conscious when I ran over to him, so I put his head on my lap and softly combed his hair with my fingers. He grabbed my hand and looked me in the eye. "Wolfe I never got to tell you. I love you. Don't ever forget that." With last he lost consciousness and took one last breath. I cried and cried his name, his head still in my lap. I cried trying to tell him I loved him back, and to not leave me. I cried for him to take me to homecoming, and to take me on our first date. I cried until I had no more tears to cry. After that I shut everyone out of my life. When a saytr found me one month later and took me to Camp Half-Blood, it was already too late for anyone to get close to me. I had sealed myself away from the world. After Dylan, I haven't shed a single tear. That's three years, of trying not to feel any emotion, and succeeding. I returned to the cave, all the flashbacks over. I was shaking, and the cave was so covered in the shadows rolling off of me, that it was pitch black and freezing. I stayed there like that in the cave for the rest of the night, not getting any sleep, just replaying the flashbacks over and over in her mind.