Wolfe

I fell asleep a little while after Auster left, his questions unanswered. I don't remember when the dreams started but I just wanted them to end. I was on the beach, watching out over the ocean when I felt a familiar hand on my shoulder. I turned with a grin plastered on my face, "Auster." I breathed. He pulled me in to a hug, which I quickly returned. He leaned down and whispered in to my ear, "I love you Wolfe." I look up at him smiling, "I love you too." Right after I say this his face turned to one of disgust. His face turns in to a sneer. "Are you kidding me? You thought I actually meant it? I mean who would ever love you? You are the most pathetic demigod I have ever met. I'll just leave you like everyone else did." I pull away from him in hurt and confusion, "Why are you saying these things to me? They're not true! I have Nico still! And Spencer, Chase, and Percy!" He quirked an eyebrow up evilly, "Oh really?" He gestured towards something behind me. I turn around, and there is everyone. I mean everyone, my mom and brother were there, my bar parents, my friends from Camp Half-Blood, Holly, and Dylan were also there. One they stepped forward to tell me I wasn't worth having friends or family. After they told me off they disappeared without a word of goodbye. Last of them to go was Dylan. He stepped up with a look of disappointment of his face, "I can't believe I ever loved you, you disgust me worse than the monster that killed me. I hate you." With that he disappeared, just like everyone else, as I fell to the sand, crying. The next dream was worse, and left me confused also. I was back to the night when Dylan died. Dylan and I walking down the street, him stopping, him seeing something behind me, except that when he started pushing me out of the way, he changed. He was no longer Dylan, but Auster. I cry out his name as I saw Auster get stabbed by the Minotaur and bleed out in my arms. I saw as he told me he loved me, and for some reason, it hurt me ten times worse than when Dylan died. In the dream, I cry and cry with Auster's lifeless body in my arms. I whimper as he slowly fades away, "Auster...no...please no Auster..." Everything fades to darkness as I gain half consciousness. I fell a warm hand brushing a tear off my face, and my body automatically reacts and leans toward the warmth. As the hand leaves my cheek, I give a small whimper of sadness. After a minute or two I feel the warmth return as it surround me from the back. I turn around until my face is buried in the warmth, I start to relax and drift off, the only thing I ever hear is a small whisper of, "Good night Wolfe."

Early morning sunlight floods through my windows, so to try and escape it I turn and bury my face in to the giant, warm pillow laying next to me. I'm really not a morning person, so it took me a minute or two to figure somethings out. One, I don't have a giant pillow, two, my pillow had arms that were wrapped around my waist, and three, my so-called "pillow" was breathing, and had a heartbeat. I shot straight up in my bed and looked at what I had been cuddling into all night. I sucked in a sharp breath as I took in the scene before me. There in all his beautiful morning glory was Auster, wrapped up in my blankets with me, and a roaming arm that was probably searching for my body heat. His eyes slowly flutter open as his arm can't find me. As he wakes up, everything rushes back to me, from last night. I look back down at him and tears well up in my eyes. Not caring that I finally let my wall down, I tackle Auster in a hug, silently crying in to his chest. His heart rate speeds up as he wraps his arms around me again, returning my hug. He starts stroking my hair, and whispers sweet nothings in to my ears, as I cry everything out. We sit there for half and hour, me quietly sniffling while curled into Auster's chest, as he traces patterns of the scars on my arms and shoulders with his finger tips. When he reaches my wrist he stops, and I realize what he's looking at. No. I can't take it anymore, the pity looks I receive when they are seen. He gently grabs my chin and pulls my eyes toward his. He doesn't say a word just grabs my wrist and kisses each and every scar, whispering a quiet apology after each one, for every time he wasn't there for me. Tears fall down my face again from his reaction to the sight of the scars. I gaze up at his face as he just looks down at my arms, continuing with light tracing of my scars. I slowly move my face closer to his, and he finally looks back up at me. We lean in closer and closer until our noses are brushing together. Thats when I freeze up, nervous. He takes matters in to his own hands when he starts gently kissing me. I don't move at first, but as he puts a reassuring hand on my cheek, I start moving my lips in sync with his. We go for a long time without taking a breath, just kissing for a good two minutes. Once we break apart, we just rest our foreheads together, breathing deeply and calmly, our eyes closed. After I open my eyes I find Auster's dark blue ones already on me. He reaches his hand up and brushes my cheek with his knuckles, "You are just so beautiful and amazing, I don't know how you can't so also." I look away, down at my scars, still remembering, which each one stood for. One for Dylan, one for Holly, one for my mom, one for my brother, and about ten for all the things wrong with me. Once again Auster cups my face, and pushes my gaze towards his. "I want you to remember, I love everything about you, not just some things. I love ALL of you, every little flaw you have, I love. We lay back down on my bed, cuddling once again. Right before we fall back in to a peaceful silence, I quietly say one more thing to him, "I love you too Auster." He hugs me closer, and we relax there for the rest of the day.