Chapter 9: Please Hold On.

Maya: call me when you can.

Maya: Lee! This is an Emergency!

Liam: headed back to my room and then I'll call. Sorry what's wrong babe?

Maya: Aspen had a seizure and she won't wake up, we are on our way to the ER now by squad.

Liam: WHAT!!!!!!!

(Maya's POV)

"Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to step back for a moment," the nurse told me. I stepped back trying to hold back tears. She was set up to many monitors and doctors and nurses were rushing around trying to get her stable once again.

Liam: what hospital are you at? One of the nurses is going to bring to you guys.

Maya: St.Marys. Hurry please!

"Mrs. Payne?" The doctor said. I looked up, he looked defeated. "How is she?" I asked worried that she didn't make it. "She's stable. Asleep right now, but I would like to keep her for a few days to run some tests on her brain," he explained to me. "Okay, whatever needs to be done," I tell him. "Are you okay? Do you need anything?" He asked me. "I'm okay, I would like to be alone with her if that's okay." I informed him. "That won't be a problem."

Soon it was just Aspen and I in the hospital room. She was sleeping but I held her hand tight. "Mommy, won't let anything bad happen to you, bug, I promise," I told her over and over again.

There was a knock on the door and Liam ran in. I ran over and hugged him tight, who knew I might have been bugging him way to tight. "How is she?" He asked me. "Sleeping now, but she has to stay for a week for some brain testing," I explained to him. "Where is Tate?" He asked me looking around for her. "Your mom is home with her," I informed him.

"Do you need anything?" He asked me. "I don't know," I sighed. "I'll go get you a drink," Liam offered. I nodded and waked back over to Aspen. "Mommy?" She croaked. "Aspen!" I chimed. I paged for a doctor and then I hugged her. "Ouch. Ow!" She cried.

(Liam's POV)

"Where is Aspen Payne?" I heard Harry ask the front desk. "I'm sorry Sir we can't give out that information, unless you are family," the lady  said. I smirked to myself and kept walking. "But I am family! I'm here uncle!" Harry cried. I laughed to myself, there was a part of me that wanted to turn around and punched him but I knew that wouldn't end well, so I just kept walking letting Harry and the front desk lady argue.

"Harry is here," I informed Maya as I walked back into her room.  "He isn't wanted here," I told him. "I know, I'll make sure he doesn't come in here," I assured her. "Daddy?" Aspen whined. I looked at her and I was speechless, she didn't look like my little Aspen, she looked like a ghost. It broke my heart, and I knew I had to do whatever it took to make her feel better.