Chapter 12: Risk It All

(Harry's POV)

If Maya wasn't going to talk to me on the phone then I would just have to go to her house and she wouldn't be able to get rid of me so easily. When I pulled up to the house the gate was open which was odd. I looked around before driving up the driveway. Aspen was outside with Maya's best friend from Nebraska, Cara.

"Harry?" Cara gasped as I got out of the car. "Yeah, sorry just showing up here but I really need to talk to Maya," I sigh. "She is inside making dinner," Cara frowned. I nodded and then walked inside.

Maya was listening to our new song and it sounded amazing, Liam had been released from rehab daily to record our new music. "Maya," I clear my throat. "Harry!" Maya jumped turning the music off. "Please hear me out?" I beg once again. "Fine, but only because I miss you." She sighed as she walked over to the kitchen island as set down on the stool. I set down next to her. "I'm crazy about you and I don't know what else to do," I sigh. "I know and I'm crazy about you, Harry truth be told, but I need to do what is best for my family. I want us to be friends without awkward tension." She tells me.

That's when I leaned in and kissed her. She pulled away. "Harry," she sighed before breaking into tears. "My family comes first."

(Liam's POV)

"You can start packing now," the nurse told me. "I can't believe my time here is finally up," I told her. "Well, we will miss you around here," she smiled and then walked out of my room.

I packed up my stuff knowing tomorrow I would get to leave this place and never have to come back. I promised my family I was going to stay my new clean self. I wasn't going to drink anymore and I was going to be a part of my children's lives everyday. I didn't want to miss out on anything else. Harry was right he had been more of a father figure to my daughters then I had. 

(Maya's POV)

"What are you doing?" I asked Harry. "I had to tell you the truth before Liam comes home tomorrow," he sighed. I stood up and walked back to my cooking dinner. "Harry, family first always," I mumbled. "I know, but I can't get you out of my mind," he protested.

"I'm really sorry to interrupt but Aspen fell down and cut up her knee and wants you, Maya," Cara came in and said. "You weren't interrupting anything, we were done here," I told Cara as I turned the oven down to low do nothing would burn while I was taking care of Aspen.

"Yeah, we are finished here," Harry mumbled as he stood up and left. "He has it bad doesn't he?" Cara laughed. "Yeah, real bad," I said.