Chapter 11: Adjusting

Liam moves home in three days, this past month has gone by so fast. "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Aspen yelled from the living room. I set down the laundry basket and went to check on her. "What's up buttercup?" I asked her when I reached the living room. "Tate! She looked at me funny!" Aspen cried with tears rolling down her face. I couldn't help but laugh. "Why you laughing?" She asked me. "Honey, she is a baby she didn't mean to look at you funny,"  I told her.

(Liam's POV)

"Now, what are we going to tell the press?" Simon asked. "What we always tell them?" I guessed. "Liam, you just don't get it do you?" He asked me. "Get what?" I asked him. "Every time you screw up we have to cover for you, and it's costing us the band," Simon told me a little to harshly.   "Then I'll drop out of the band, focus on my family," I assured him.

"Why would you do such a thing!" Simon snapped. "You just said you I'm costing us the band I might as well just drop out gracefully now," I suggested. "Liam, you will get torn alive, you don't want that. Maya doesn't want that. No one wants that." Simon said. "Then what are we going to do?" I asked him starting to get frustrated with his presence.

(Maya's POV)

"Alright. Aspen, we need to go to the grocery store, please go get your shoes on, " I told her. "I don't want to go!" She cried. "Please, bug!" I begged her. "No!" She yelled. "Fine, then I guess you won't go see your father later," I stated. "I want to see daddy!" She exclaimed. "Then go get your shoes now, while I get Tate ready to go, " I told her. "Fine, but I don't want to go," she whined as we left the room. I picked up Tatem and went to her room to change her. "You big sister is a diva," I laughed. 

Once we hit the parking lot the paparazzi was everywhere snapping pictures left and right and yelling questions about Liam. "Come on, bug," I said as we finally made it into the store.  I put the girls into the cart and started to get groceries when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"
"Maya, it's Harry, please don't hang up!"
"What do you need?"
"For you to listen to me. You are making a bad choice by letting Liam come home. He isn't ready, he doesn't know anything about the girls."
"I'm not doing this now,Harry!"
"Then when can we talk about it?"
"Never," I sigh and hang up the phone.

"Mommy, I miss Uncle Harry," Aspen whined. "He's not being very nice right now, it's best if you don't see him," I told her. How was I going to explain all of this to her?! Was there even a way too?