Chapter 3

Leidi

I take in the palace. It's so big. It's beautiful. I've never stayed anywhere nearly as nice. I watch where I'm going this time. I don't want to crash into more royalty.

I exit to the courtyard and see two people battling each other. A woman with a dark ponytail. And a man with black hair. I can't see them properly. Their figures are a blur. I stay hidden behind and arc and watch from afar.

Three men sit on a bench, laughing about something. One of them is Thor. I don't know how I'm supposed to face him. The man on his left looks very similar to Thor, just not quite him. The man on his left has a long red beard. He is very large.

Thor glances in my direction and I feel fear as his eyes lock with mine. He says something to his friends and gets up and walks in my direction.

I turn and run back inside, trying not to be seen. Halfway to the door, his large hand grips my upper arm. He turns me to look at him.

He smiles warmly, "Why do you not join me and my friends? I am sure they will like you." "I don't want to be a bother," I say looking down.

"Nonsense!" He says. I doubt he's capable of speaking quietly. "Come Leidi," he says pulling me along with him. I attempt to pry his hand off of me, "Thor! Let go!" He chuckles and moves faster.

He stops and stands in front of the bench where he sat just a moment earlier. I am rewarded with stares and smiling eyes. The way Fandral watched me, reminded me of the Muspels.

"Friends, this is Leidi. She is new to the palace," he announces. I look down and feel my face heat up. "Lady what?" The large man asked.

"Actually, my name is Leidi," I admit. "Well I'm Volstagg. Nice to meet you Leidi," he extends his hand and I shake it hesitantly. "Hogun," the battling man shakes my hand next. "Sif," the battling woman. "Fandral," the blonde on says, but instead of shaking my hand, he presses his lips to my knuckles. I flinch slightly and pull my hand back when he releases me.

"Fandral! Leave her be," Sif scolds him. I back away a little, frightened by this Fandral character. "He won't hurt you," Volstagg assures me. I nod a little.

"Well, it's time for dinner," Thor announced. "Yay! Food!" Volstagg speaks the thoughts I'm too afraid to say. He runs into the palace as the others run behind him. I linger for a bit.

Thor stops as well, walking next to me. "Is something the matter, Leidi?" He asks with concern. I shake my head. "There is something troubling you," he says.

"It's all so sudden. Yesterday I was escaping Niflheim. Today in here," I say. "Do not fret. You'll get adjusted," Thor says. I nod. But I'm not convinced.