Chapter 21

Leidi

I woke up disoriented in the infirmary. I never learned what the thing was that the nurse was using. I think Jane once called it a 'Quantam Field Generator,' or something like that. Human terms are strange.

Fanfares sound and the All-Father enters the room. "You lied to me," he says, "You said you could get that thing under control." "I've not seen it in centuries, my king. I did not know nor fathom what it was doing," I said.

"Either way, it must be destroyed," he says, dragging a hand down his face, "the amount of good you do is balanced with the amount of trouble you cause. It's as if you're Loki in the form of a woman."

"I've actually done that once," Loki says entering with Thor. "Why? You know what? Don't tell me. I do not wish to know," I say holding my hand up. Loki chuckles softly.

"Don't worry father, we have a plan," Thor grins proudly. "And what would that be? Mind you, the last time you had a plan, you attacked Jotunheim without reason, almost bringing on war," he says.

"No this one's a good plan. Loki helped with this one," Thor pats his brother on the shoulder. "Oh dear," the All-Father rolls his eye, "You alone is one thing. You two together is an explosion waiting to happen."

I sit up and giggle slightly. Loki looks at me and smiles. "Do not show them any support, child," he looks at me, "it only spells doom for the Nine Realms."

"Can we at least hear the plan?" I say. "Very well, go on," the All-Father says.

"So we take Leidi to Svartalfheim, to Malekith," Thor starts. "Oh dear," the All-Father and I say in unison.

"Then Malekith draws the Aether out of Leidi," he continues, "Then we destroy it." "Any plan where I don't get killed?" I say sarcastically. "I think you stay around Loki to much. You have his negativity," Thor frowns.

"I am not negative," Loki says. "Really?" Thor says. "I'm not letting that happen. Say you fail. You all get killed. Malekith gets the Aether. And with the convergence coming on, he can plunge the Nine realms into eternal darkness," The All-Father states.

"Forget it. I forbid anyone leaving or entering Asgard. No one may use the Bifrost," he says before leaving the room.

"Aw, I kind of liked that plan," I pout. "What do we do now? Without the Bifrost, there's no other way to get to Svartalfheim. Unless we use dark magic," Thor says. A grin creeps across Loki's face.

"Which is bad," I say, wiping the smirk off of Loki's face. The grin reappears within minutes. "Why does that look scare me so much?" I say.

"Because it means he's concocting a plan," Thor says, "we should run while we still can." "No, I have another way into Svartalfheim," he says.

Thor and I exchange glances. I step off of the cot and Thor and I back toward the door, slowly. "We must run, Leidi!" Thor jokes.

"It's not a bad plan actually," I say, "and it falls into place with yours. We can get to Svartalfheim without the All-Father knowing." "Since when do you like breaking the rules," Thor says.

"I kind of like you this way," Loki grins. "Shut up Loki," I say. He grins and puts his hands up, "sorry my love."

"Heimdall requests your presence," A guard bows and says. "Oh no," I say. "I completely forgot about him," Thor says.

____________________________________

The three of us approach Heimdall, knowing what would happen. The Seer has overheard our scheming and now, we are probably to be punished. We all get down on one knee, not needing his foresight to know what is to happen.

"I heard that you are plotting behind the back of the All-Father. I am pledged to inform him," he says. We all look down. even Loki.

"But perhaps if I'd averted my gaze, and didn't see or hear what you were doing. He would never know," Heimdall finishes. We all look at him with disbelief. He winks at us.

Thor smiles warmly, "I knew you could be trusted, Heimdall my friend."