Chapter 18

Dear readers, I've decided to skip some scenes and use some of the plot of Thor 2. I'm not one to copy lines exactly. I hope you enjoy it anyway.
-collaboration of Savannah, Leidi, and Skuld. In honor of our dying friend.

Leidi

I rest my head on Loki's shoulder as he has his arm around me, reading to me some parts of the Poetic Edda.

"Before there was light, there was darkness. Over a millennium ago, the mat ruthless of the elves, Malekith, sought to transform our universe back into one of eternal night.

Such evil was possible through the power of the Aether, an ancient force of infinite destruction. The noble armies of Asgard, led by King Bor, waged mighty war against these creatures.

As the nine worlds converged above him, Malekith could at last unleash the Aether, but the weapon was ripped from his grasp. Without it, the dark elves fell.

With a battle all but lost, Malekith sacrificed his own people in a desperate attempt to lay waste to Asgard's army. Malekith was vanquished and the Aether was no more. Or so we were led to believe," he shut the book.

"The Aether was stored in me. That's why no one could find it," I say.

"What did you do with it?" He asked, "you don't have it now."

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I teased. "Yes, I would," he raised his eyebrows and grinned.

"I buried it. Somewhere where no one would ever find it," I say. He chuckles, "what if you forget?" "I won't," I pout.

"My apologies," he says, leaning down and kissing me. It's been over a month since Baldr was banished. Loki's been strangely protective since then.

He doesn't let me out of his sight, unless I'm with Thor, Sif, or the Warriors Three. It's sweet, in a bang-your-head-against-the-wall-it's-so-annoying way.

He strokes my hair. He does that a lot. I pull away and get off of his bed. I open his wardrobe. "Because we're friends, doesn't not give you the right to go through my things," Loki calls.

"Yes it does," I reply, taking his horned helmet from a shelf. He gets up and tries to take it from me. I pull it back and put it over my head. It falls over my eyes.

I push it up and grin at Loki, before taking off towards the courtyard. "LEIDI!" He yells after me.

He chases me through the courtyard as I run, holding up the helmet. "Leidi, come here before you hurt yourself!" He calls. I turn and stick my tongue out at him.

While I look at him, I trip over one of the stepping stones, falling forward and hitting the ground. "LEIDI!" Loki yells.

I push myself off of the ground as Loki grabs my arm and pulls me up, cradling me into his chest. I'm miraculously unscathed, but Loki doesn't know that.

I pull away and look at him, "I'm fine, Loki." I smile at him. I look and he has tears in his eyes. I reach up and wipe them.

"Why are you crying?" I say, my smile fading, "I'm perfectly fine." "I know. I see," he says quickly. "Then why so distraught?" "I can't bear the thought of you being hurt, Leidi."

"Loki?" I say. "Leidi, I should have said this sooner. I want you to know, before it's too late," he says. "Loki, what?" I say.

He lifts the helmet from my head and kisses me. His lips linger on mine, and he kisses me slowly and passionately. I put one hand on the side of his face and the other on his hand, which is wrapped around one of the horns on his helmet. His other hand is on my waist.

He pulls back and presses his forehead against mine, as I did that day, allowing him into my thoughts. "I love you, Leidi," he whispers, just loud enough for me to hear.

I reach up and capture his lips with mine in a short but passionate kiss, "I love you too, Loki," I breathe.

"Ahem," a man clears his throat. We turn to see a guard looking awkwardly at us. "Uhm, the All-Father requests Leidi's presence," he says uncomfortably. I nod at Loki and follow the guard to the throne room.

____________________________________

I approach the All-Father's throne and bow respectively. "Get up," he says sternly. I stand up slowly, but stare at the floor. "I'm up here," he says. I look up at him.

"You had come in contact with the Aether once before, am I right?" He starts. I nod, not sure where this is going. "My son has brought a mortal woman, who has also come in contact with the Aether," he continues.

"But that will kill her," I say. "Precisely, and Malekith will target her. The elves will be drawn to Asgard for it," he says, "we need to dispose of it before it spells doom."

"What do I do then?" "Take it from her. I know you've possessed it before." "I was a child." "And now you are older. If you can survive having the Aether at a younger age, you'll be fine. She is with Frigg in her chamber."

Suddenly, an explosion rocks the entire palace. "He's here," I say.