Chapter 36

Kaz

"Something just killed that thing and I have no clue what did." Sachi yells and I quietly sneak up right behind the crew.

"Rayleigh just killed that thing but man is he getting sloppier." I say and the whole crew jumps sky high, even Law. I burst out laughing and start rolling around on the ground. "That was precious." I say still laughing and tears are starting to come out of my eyes since it was the best reaction yet.

"Who are you?" Penguin asks as the crew backs away from me.

"Geez every time I see you brat it's when you've just been in some major trouble or are about to be." Rayleigh says as he climbs up the rocks and I stop laughing.

"That's true actually and this is probably the longest you've seen me in a year." I say sitting up and Rayleigh thinks a bit before nodding.

"That's true; anyway how's the stomach?" Rayleigh asks and I stand up.

"See for yourself." I say pulling up my shirt and revealing the now half closed holes in my chest.

"Oh My God they're half closed now. Wait that means you're Rim." Penguin screams and I lightly bump him on the head with my fist.

"Yes I'm Rim and will ya quit screaming I'm getting a headache." I say and Penguin shuts right up.

"Sit down Rim-ya. I'm going to wrap your torso even though you probably won't need it but to be safe." Law says and I plop down on a rock after I take off my shirt. Law starts wrapping my torso and I turn to Rayleigh.

"Any way I'm guessing you're here to offer to train Luffy with his Haki." I say and Rayleigh nods.

"Yup that's correct." Rayleigh says and Law finishes off my wrappings before cutting in.

"Sorry to interrupt but we should be going now." Law says and I hear an aww echo throughout the crew. "Move it now." Law orders and the others instantly pack everything they need into the sub. "Well this is goodbye but I'm sure we'll meet again." Law says and I nod.

"Yeah I'll see you again in about two years' time." I say and Law looks at me with a confused look but he ignores my comment before heading back to his sub.

"Oh yeah Rayleigh you didn't seem surprised to find out that I'm the Keeper of the Devil Fruits." I say when the Heart Pirates are gone.

"I was surprised but it didn't sink in until after you left the bar." Rayleigh says and I'm about to say something else but Jimbei and Luffy show up a couple seconds later. Luffy spots Rayleigh and they start talking when after another couple of seconds Hancock and some others show up with food. I sit down and watch as they interact with each other. They keep talking and after a couple of hours we're now sitting on a ship heading towards Marinford. I take off my toque and shove it in my pocket since I'd prefer not to get two bounties on my head. We easily break in since they don't have a lot of security at the moment and Luffy and I make our way to the center which contains the Ox Bell. Luffy rings it sixteen times and we stand there for a moment in silence. I send a silent prayer up to Ace and I hear the sounds of camera flashes. Looks like reporters are here. After the moment of silence we make our way back to the ship but before we leave the center square I turn around and look back at the bell. Goodbye my friends I think as I place my fist over my heart and I stand there like that for a couple of seconds paying respect to the people who died that day. I lower my hand after a couple of seconds and whip around to catch up with Luffy. We hop onto the ship and sail out of there on our way back to the Island of Women.

"Hey Kaz... Can you check on the others for me?" Luffy asks and I pull my toque out of my pocket.

"Yeah sure; it's no problem but do you want me to check in with you when I'm done?" I ask Luffy as I put on my toque but he shakes his head.